404 on homepage

I can’t create any new Prezis because I get the 404 Lost in Space page when visiting prezi.com or by clicking on the Dashboard (which leads directly to /p/create-prezi/?segment) which shows me the 404 error. I can view other Prezis and my Account info page but that’s it…!

Any ideas what to do?!

Thanks.
Jay
Screenshot|572x499

Hello @Jay_King,

Could you please try to reach prezi.com in an incognito window for Google Chrome? You can open one by pushing CTRL+SHIFT+N on your keyboard.

Let me know if that changes anything.

Hi, I’m having the same issue today.

I was editing all last week on my presentation but today it won’t let me. I’m getting the 404 page not found. I tried the incognito suggestion above but it still won’t work. It says my account might now be private but so far as I can see it is public.

Help! I have to give the presentation is tomorrow!
Thanks

Hello @Wendy_Hudson, could you please tell us which browser are you using so we can investigate this?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Hi Catarina,

I’m using Google Chrome. I can play the presentation, but not edit it.

Thanks
Wendy

Hello @Wendy_Hudson, could you please try to clear the cache/cookies of your browser and let us know if the issue is still going on? :slight_smile:

Hello, when I try to edit a presentation Ive been working on over the last few days, I get the following error message

Lost in space

The page you’re seeking might no longer exist, or might now be designated as private.

It has been working fine up to now and to my knowledge I haven’t changed any of my settings.

Hi @Andrew_McClenaghan, I’ve merged your comment with the relevant topic. :slight_smile:
I would recommend you to check my colleagues post to see if that helps with the edit issue.

Hi, I’ve tried clearing everything and still getting “404 lost in space, the page you’re seeking might no longer exist, or might now be designated as private.”

Hello @Wendy_Hudson, could you please try to access the editor once again now? Let us know if it worked out!

Yes! Phewf! Thanks so much for your help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @Wendy_Hudson, we are glad the issue is resolved now :slight_smile:

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please, feel free to reach out to us!

3 posts were split to a new topic: Open presentations