Add Prezi to existing pre-recorded video

Hi - I have an existing video that I would like to add or overlay a Prezi presentation.
For example, the subject is explaining a concept in the video, and I’d like to use Prezi to add graphics to the slide for certain points (timed with the presenter).

I cannot find any feature that would allow me to do this. Has anyone tried, and if not a feature, then any ideas for workarounds?

Thanks

Hi @Quoc_Tran, this is currently not possible. You can only use your own camera to record a new video with your Prezi content on the screen.
I’ll forward your feedback to our product team.

Thank you - that would be great to have and I would think it is (relatively) easy to do.

The use case is a pre-recorded discussion that we want to add some additional slides/graphics before uploading as evergreen content.

Thanks

1 Like

Hi @Quoc_Tran, thanks for the detailed use case, we will update this thread if we have any news.

And what I would like to do is just record the video portion via Prezi straight through without having to change the slides for a more natural conversation. Then my graphics team could go in and add appropriate visuals to support what I am saying, perhaps even update data at a later time as needed without having to rerecord. Can that happen now or soon?

Hi @smcclain, could you please elaborate on the first part of your comment?
I’m not quite sure I understand what you mean by “without having to change the slides”.

This approach of using a pre-recorded video in Prezi is not on our roadmap yet, but I will forward your feedback to our product team.

perhaps I don’t understand the Prezi video model yet myself, but if I want to talk and have different slides/images/words appear on screen while I am talking, I have to have those preset and change them as I am speaking - correct? What I want to do is speak and record it straight through via Prezi, then add the visual support afterward.

Thanks,
Sam

Hi @smcclain, yes, in case you record or live-stream your presentation via Prezi it means that you prepare the content beforehand, which you can control during your recording or live stream event.

I understand what you mean, that use case, however, is not in Prezi’s scope at the moment. I will forward your feedback to our product team.