Adding Shapes to Prezi

Could you give us the ability to add shapes and then to use different colours and make them transparent? This would be very useful, instead of having to draw these in a program outside Prezi.

1 Like

I usually import pdf data in such cases when I need some objects. maybe adding Wingdings font available would help (lots of stuff is there: arrows, basics smileys, etc)

but anyway, I would suggest to make a survey for the most commonly used objects and implement a small library.

yes, we have some early prototypes for this…

however, another idea was to let prezi users share their work for remixing, which would create an interesting alternative…

i can give you the butterfly from the tutorial prezi if you want it

that’s even better!

I think there would be a nice collection of funky Flash-based tiny animations, similar to those animated smileys and etc.

Remixing is a cool idea but it some more standard shapes wouldn’t hurt.

I also support requester on adding simple functionality to draw basic shapes, e.g. rectangle and oval and color it.

Chart “standarts” would be nice.

do you have a set, and example you like?
what are the standards you would be happy with?

many thanks

do you have a set, and example you like?
what are the standards you would be happy with?

many thanks

thanks

Would it be possible to link to openclipart’s content? I believe they contain a huge assortment of standard shapes, and they are all licensed for use by anybody without royalties.

I don’t know if thqt is good or bad, but many of us come from the ms world. In that world, we are very much used to having ppt shapes. They are quite meaningful, btw. Having similar set of shapes would help a lot, I must say. Having to import shapes from other programs is a bit cumbersome.

Flash animation in Prezi would be a BLAST!.. i just saw someone use Prezi for a presentation @ school and i was blown away… i have powerpoint 2010 and i created an awesome presentation and i got marked perfect… i loved how simple prezi actually was and its easy too!.. if there was animation in prezi… like for example show an image shatter … and go behind it… to show text… if you know what i mean. :slight_smile: (like powerpoint transitions.) Sound effects along with the animation would be just great.

I don’t know you you all know this, but as a workaround, you could create the desired shape in powerpoint (in a whole white slide), save it as a PDF (in the file/save as) and then import it to Prezi. The shape drawings in powerpoint are vectors and PDF will keep them that way. So you’ll have all the PPT shapes options available to be used in Prezi.

I don’t know you you all know this, but as a workaround, you could create the desired shape in powerpoint (in a whole white slide), save it as a PDF (in the file/save as) and then import it to Prezi. The shape drawings in powerpoint are vectors and PDF will keep them that way. So you’ll have all the PPT shapes options available to be used in Prezi.

…or have some words fly in. like creating a mind map, instead of showing it.

http://prezi.com/learn/insert-drawing/

In the spirit of sharing shapes here are a few to use - this is where the crop feature comes into its own - saving as a PDF or SWF seems to give the best results as mentioned before. Control ‘D’ lets you duplicate and build up a lot of shapes.

http://prezi.com/8diwpyhf-l20/shapes-…

cheers

John

Does anyone know if I can create a simple all-black square/box in Prezi?
Thank u
DR