Background image is too big

Hello.
i just wanted to start an presentation for school. I started to change the background, but it was too big, or blurred. and i couldn´t change the size.

Hello @Migos, Prezi automatically resizes the background image you upload so that it fits the overview of the presentation, and it is not possible to change its size in the editor currently. As a workaround you can move your topic circles further away from each other on the screen, so that a larger part of the background image is visible.

but the picture is still blurred if i do this.

Hello @Migos, please make sure you upload a background image of high resolution to avoid them becoming blurry when zooming in on them. In case the image quality is good and you still experience this problem please let me know, and I’ll further look into it.

@Migos Try adjusting size here maybe? https://resizeimage.net/ and try a few options (or find a similar tool online). I find that it truly has to be 16:9 ratio and the resolution has to be closer to 1800 x 1012 ballpark to be the best possible fit into Prezi Next. I’m guessing you’ll still get blurring if you zoom in too far, so mess around with the topic sizes as suggested as well, but don’t expect a miracle. It’s one aspect of Next that does still need some attention. But for most of my presentations I’d say it looks good and the blurring is minimal when I keep to the resolution I mentioned. Good luck!

I’ve tried to add the image for overview slide by clicking insert, and it’s impossible to align image properly to fit in frame without showing the line above in presenting mode.
So, I took time instead and created image in Affinity Designer with size 1920 x 1080 px, which I found on prezibase as ideal size. Well, it turns it’s far from ideal, because when I apply this as background it show out of borders since the image is far bigger than the screen (13’’), so, … what’s the real size for the Prezi Next images for the background.
Oh, yes, feature frame doesn’t work at all. It does nothing.
Thanks

Try 1800 x 1012

Hi there

I try to upload an image for my overview page. How is it possible to fit it to the layout?
Right now the image is rather too big respectively prezi zooms in the image so only a certain part of the image is displayed.
Thanks for helping!

Hello @Matthias_Hampl, I merged your post to the relevant thread. :wave: Prezi automatically resizes the background image you upload, so that it fits the overview of the presentation, a 16:9 aspect ratio works best.

The overview area will be where your topics and other objects are. Moving your topic circles further away from each other, so that a larger part of the background image is visible would be one solution.

As a workaround, you could place arrows or other objects to the border of this area, and make them invisible by turning up the opacity. Here is a video where you can see me doing the same.

Hi Kata
Thanks for your response. The video seems not working

Hi @Matthias_Hampl, it’s a screencast I recorded on my computer. I believe firewall settings could be blocking the video. Try to download it from here. I hope this will solve the issue :slight_smile:

The background is a bit overfitted for good reasons. Otherwise when you fly in the prezi and the camera is pulled back a bit it is uncovering the empty area surrounding the background image for a few moments. This was breaking the illusion in many cases, so we decided to go with this overfit solution.

What you can probably do is editing the background image before the upload and adding some white/whatever color frame around it, that would fill the ‘overfitted’ part.

I dont remember the exact numbers, but the background image should have 16:9 dimensions and I think it’s overfitted by 10 or 20 percent, this should be the width of the frame.

if you get the numbers right, the background will precisely fill the 16:9 screen when you switch to present mode and fly to the overview (not in a topic).

Let me know if you need more help with this. Somebody could create a template image with the right ratios.

I’ve tried to add the image for overview slide by clicking insert, and it’s impossible to align image properly to fit in frame without showing the line above in presenting mode.
So, I took time instead and created image in Affinity Designer with size 1920 x 1080 px, which I found on prezibase as ideal size. Well, it turns it’s far from ideal, because when I apply this as background it show out of borders since the image is far bigger than the screen (13’’), so, … what’s the real size for the Prezi Next images for the background.
Oh, yes, feature frame doesn’t work at all. It does nothing.
Thanks

Hello @vesmarijan, when uploading a background image Prezi automatically zooms into it regardless of its size, that is why you will not see the entire image. This helps avoid seeing the edges of the image when presenting and zooming into your topics/subtopics. As a workaround, I would recommend placing objects or topics closer to the edges of the image, and the overview will be resized automatically. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

My background image is 1920x1080 (300dpi), which I believe is the recommended size. When I upload, the frame of the overview only covers about 80% of it. “fit image to overview” does nothing.

Any thoughts?

Hello @Alan_Kmiecik, I’ve merged your post into the relevant thread, please see this reply. If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to me.

What is the “fit overview to image” button for?
What 'bleed" do I need to give my image so the background image content fits in the frame?

Hello @Alan_Kmiecik, the fit background to overview button centers the image behind your topics. Please note that Prezi automatically zooms into the background image so that the edges are not visible when presenting, that is the reason why you do not see the entire image in the overview. As a workaround you can place objects or topics near the edges, that way the overview will adapt and a larger part of the backround will be visible.

A post was merged into an existing topic: ‘‘Survey’’ Type Prezi