Bring back frames and merge topics in frames

The zoom animation mimics frames, but it doesn’t make everything inside a frame move and it doesn’t appear in (what I think is) the path.

I’d like frames to be available, not alongside topics, but merging the topics instead. Frames would have the option of having a cover of not. Plus, it would be great that they be included in the main, and only, path. And not having to move everything inside a “frame” manually would save a lot of time (because, right now, moving the “frame” leaves everything that’s inside behind).

Here what I thought about frames with options:

1. Frame without a cover and without pages = just like a Prezi Classic frame.
  2. Frame without a cover and with pages = a new kind of stack frame?
  3. Frame with a cover and without pages = a planet topic. (subtopics will probably be frames nested in this frame)
  4. Frame with a cover and with pages = a stack topic.

Also, the nested paths often makes me wonder how much content my presentation has. The linear path worked well in Prezi Classic.

(Example on post #6)

Hi, @Candy_Chang. Thank you for the creative ideas and for the detailed feedback.

I have illustrated all 4 of your options here:

I believe 1 and 2 are reflected as you envisioned them but please do tell me if you have questions/comments.

Hi, Lana.

(2 & 4)

The “frames with pages” change exactly like it does in Prezi Next, which is great. It’s a little bit strange, though, that only the frames with pages have a green background, but this doesn’t matter.

(1, 2, 3 & 4)

However, what I meant by having a cover is : “a ‘frame’ that changes looks when we zoom in”. Just like the topics in Prezi Next.

(1 & 2)

So the first two frames starting from the left represent frames with a cover, because the text appears when we zoom in. If the text (in black) were already visible before zooming in, that would be a frame without a cover, just like the frames in Prezi Classic, (where almost everything is shown from the beginning). As a detail, the first two frames seem to be invisible frames (from Prezi Classic’s perspective).

(3 & 4)

I would consider the last two frames to be also frames with a cover, where the cover is solely the green shapes; and the frame’s real content, the text. The third one looks like a special kind of “frame with cover”, because while the cover is a green circle, the actual frame is white/transparent with a bit of text added. Well, as long as it shows a cover (which is usually different, and having less content, than the frame in itself), it is a “frame with a cover”.

Thank you.

Thank you for the feedback, we’ve taken note.

Thank you.

Example :

Before
Frames; list and characteristics :

A > without cover, no stack
B > with automatic cover, no stack
C > with automatic cover, no stack
D > with custom cover, no stack
E > with automatic cover, stack topic
F > without cover, no stack
G > with automatic cover, no stack

The pictures

Overview
Overview

Zoom A (Overview > A)
[without cover, no stack]
Notice that there was no cover for A in the overview.
Zoom A

Zoom C (Overview > A > C)
[with automatic cover, no stack]
Notice that C was inside A, not around
Zoom C

Zoom B (Overview > B)
Notice that B had a cover, but when zoomed in, everything inside appears. Notice how the frames inside B aren’t attached to an orbit, and have different types of covers.

Zoom D (Overview > B > D)
[with custom cover, no stack]
Notice that D had an automatic cover (white flower) before zooming in.
Zoom D

Zoom F (Overview > B > F)
[without cover, no stack]
Notice that F, even though not on an orbit in B, was still slighly ouside the frame B (kind of inside a rectangular “frame-zone”). Also, since F don’t have a cover, it didn’t change when being zoomed in.
Zoom F

Zoom E, page 1 (Overview > B > E)
[with automatic cover, stack topic]
A circular “stack frame”… Why not? (Page 1 is empty)
Zoom E 1

Zoom E, page 2 (Overview > B > E)
[with automatic cover, stack topic]
Zoom E 2

Zoom G (Overview > B > E > page 2 > G)
Notice that even E, a stack frame, have another frame nested inside.
Zoom G

Conclusion

A symbolizes a “frame without cover”.
C symbolizes a “frame with cover” inside a frame.
D, E and F symbolize frames not attached to an orbit around the frame B.
F symbolizes a “frame without cover” nested inside a “frame with cover”.
G symbolizes a “frame (with cover)” inside a “stack frame”, on one of the pages of this frame.

I think this will allow more flexibility.