Camera can't connect in Prezi Video

can’t connect my inbuilt camera to do a prezi video even though I did one a couple of hours ago when it worked perfectly.

Hello @Diane_Duvnjak if you restart the browser, does the issue still persist?

Hope to hear from you soon :slight_smile:

It keeps saying enabling my camera but doesnt seem to find it even though it did for like 5 minutes and then now just not working? is it because im not paid up to prezi next

Hi @simon_wheatley, I have merged your question to the relevant topic. :slight_smile:
Could you tell me if you are using the browser or the desktop application to access Prezi Video? If you use the browser, which one are you using? Are you on Windows or Mac system?

Simon - can I just ask if you managed to get this resolved? I am having exactly the same problem.
Thank you.

Hello @Ian_Ramsey, could you please send us your system specifications so we can investigate it?

Does this happen in the online editor or the application? Are you using an external camera?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Hello Catarina,
I access this, online, at prezi.com using my laptop which has an in-built camera.I began a video project with no problem, but when I returned to it I get the continuous message:

Searching for camera and microphone…

I am beginning to think prezi video is ‘a paid for’ service and that I can not use it on my basic prezi version.

Hello @Ian_Ramsey, Prezi Video is also available with a free license :slight_smile: Could you please follow the recommendations in this article to enable your camera in Google Chrome?

Let us know if it worked out!

Hello Catarina,
Many thanks for your email.

I have tried all the recommendations in the article but it still does not help - I get the same problem when I click on ‘Create new video’ as I get this continuous message, ’ Searching for camera and microphone…’, and nothing happens.

This is so frustrating. Being a primary school teacher, I would love to use Prezi Video to communicate with my pupils during the current school closures due to Covid-19.

Please, please can you help?

Kind regards…

Ian Ramsey.

Catarina,
I have also tried downloading the desktop app but this failed because, “your version of Windows is not supported.”
Prezi Support states I need to be using Windows 7 or newer. I am using Windows 8.1.

Hello @Ian_Ramsey, unfortunately you will need Windows 10 to be able to run Prezi Video, please check this article with more details about it. Are you able to test it with a different computer?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Hi Catarina, I was able to up-grade to Windows 10 which means Prezi Video is now working Blush.
Can I just say a big “thank you” to you for helping me with this situation. I really do appreciate your help.
Best wishes and stay safe…
Ian.

1 Like

Hello @Ian_Ramsey, I am really glad you are now able to use Prezi Video, hope it helps you to create great content :slight_smile:

If you have any other questions, doesn’t hesitate to reach out to us.

Stay safe!

A camera não aparece, mesmo clicando em reconectar câmera, e não é habilitada a opção de escolher a câmera e nem a lista .
Por favor me ajudem…

Olá @Vida_de_Menina_brinc, juntei o seu comentário à publicação correspondente. Poderia enviar-nos mais detalhes sobre as especificações do seu computador, por favor?

Está a utilizar uma câmera interna ou externa?

Fico no aguardo do seu retorno! :slight_smile:

estou usando webcam externa

Meu windows é 2013

Olá @Vida_de_Menina_brinc, um dos requisitos mínimos para poder executar a app do Prezi Video é Windows 10, pode consultar mais sobre isto neste artigo :slight_smile: