Can I redirect my Prezi files as I'm running out of space on my local drive?

I’m challenged with storage space on my computer. My local drive is practically full, so I’m trying to clean things up. With the help of my company IT, we’ve determined I have quite a lot of files in some Prezi folders:

1. Documents\Prezi Pitch\Content
  2. Documents\Prezi Pitch\Templates
  3. Documents\Prezi\Content
  4. AppData\Roaming\com.prezi.PreziDesktop\Local Store

What are these, and can any of it be safely deleted? (I have some lists or screen shares I can private message if needed, it’s a LOT. Nothing is overly big on its own, but all the smaller files are adding up.)

I’d be ready to wipe out anything Prezi Classic (as long as I can still access online). For my Next presentations, some links are inactive but most presentations are still needed, though not all have to be 100% synced to my desktop if there’s a way to keep them cloud-based. And/or is there a way I can redirect these files to be stored somewhere else (like a company network folder instead)? Thanks!

These folders are the locations where the presentations are stored. If you have everything synced to your cloud, you can delete it, but next time when you open the desktop application, it is going to start to download the content automatically.

I would recommend upgrading the storage if possible, or to use an external drive for some other items like (documents, images, videos) and leave Prezi data in the default location because it cannot be moved, I’m afraid.

@Vanda I want to revisit this please. I think it would help me if I could figure out what folders are what- is there information somewhere to reference exactly what Prezi is storing on my PC? For example, if I was given the specific directory info on my Prezi Classic presentations, I could probably delete quite a bit since I no longer utilize the Classic desktop app & it’s rare I open online… This folder, as another example, is one of the biggest (46.6 GB as of today) = Users\kspann\Documents\PreziPitch\Content\5******9 and I’d love to know why.

It’s just crazy (imo) how much “stuff” is being stored for a program that’s mostly(?) online (though the desktop app probably messes that up for me, and I do like the app); my IT group is getting a bit frustrated. To compare, the biggest “offender” from Adobe (I utilize a CC subscription) is 7.39 GB. I realize I have a lot of prezis (150 Next + 257 Classic), but I could definitely clean things up as long as I know what I’m cleaning isn’t going to affect what I truly want to keep. I would be open to deleting online AND on my PC if that’s what it takes; just need the appropriate steps that don’t leave bits of data hanging out unnecessarily.

It IS all synced, to respond to your earlier reply, so could step #1 truly be to delete everything and see what gets downloaded again when I reopen the app? Since I wouldn’t be reopening anything on the Classic side app-wise, would you imagine I might gain some space that way? I’d appreciate tips on best way/which level to “delete all” in that case.

I’m also considering some add’l/external storage, as you’ve suggested, so I didn’t dismiss that idea. I’m just hoping to reclaim as much as possible locally before I do so (I have a fairly robust amt already = 237 GB).

Thanks again for walking me through this! :slight_smile:

And to anyone else reading- am I seriously the only one faced with this challenge? If you’ve experienced some storage issues, I’d love to know how you tackled as well.

I recently deleted the inside content of that folder and only use online version because it was gobbling up my C drive in crazy pace