Can I use Classic presentations with Prezi Video?

Hi,

May I create a Prezi Video presentation using my Prezi Classic’s productions?

Thank you!

Raphael Tenorio

1 Like

Hi @Raphael_Tenorio, you can only create Prezi Videos using Prezi Next presentations for now, I’m afraid. Our developers are working on the migration from Prezi Classic to Prezi Next so you will be able to do this in the future. :slight_smile:

@Bart how much longer do you think this will take? I’m keen to create a webinar-style video using one of our Prezi Classic presentations and am not sure of the best way to go about this … is there a suggested workaround? I’ve found how to add voiceover notes but this doesn’t create a video file as such … let me know - many thanks, Kate

Hi @Kate_Scott, it is currently not possible to record a video using your Classic presentation and I’m not able to disclose any detailed roadmap or ETA about the Classic to Next migration.
You can use a screen recording application and record your Prezi Classic presentation.
Hope this helps!

Hi Bart What sort of screen recording apps would you recommend?

Hi @Deirdre_Flynn, please see a list in this article.
Hope this helps!

1 Like

@ Bart - It has been awhile since I was in Prezi, my presentations are all still there, but I don’t get the option for Prezi Next in the drop down menu. I also have all of my presentations in Prezi Classic - how can I get them into Prezi Next and how can I create a video. I followed the instructions where it will open the presentation but in the upper right hand corner there is just the present button and it won’t let me turn it into a video.

1 Like

I want to convert an existing Prezi into a Prezi video presentation. I downloaded the Prezi Video desktop application, but when I click “Import from Prezi” none of my presentations are showing, just the generic “Getting started” one from Prezi.

Hi @Victoria_Czapski, please note that Classic presentations cannot be used with Prezi Video, they have to be migrated to Prezi Next first.
This feature will be released to our users in the near future when it is ready and you will be able to convert your own Classic presentations to Next. Are there any urgent presentations you would need to use with Prezi Video?

Hi @Jessica_Miller, I’ve merged your question to the relevant topic.
I’m quite sure you have Classic presentations, and that’s why they don’t show up in Prezi Video. Could you send me a link to one of them that you are trying to use?

It is a Prezi Classic presentation: https://prezi.com/qfyq7yagsg_h/from-roots/?present=1
I was hoping to be able to use it in Prezi video, but if not I can find another template to use.

Hi @Jessica_Miller, we can convert this presentation to Prezi Next so that it can be used with Prezi Video, just let me know. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, Some of my presentation are in Prezi Next but still not coming up in Prezi present. so when I have to select a presentation for microsoft teams presentation, i will not be able to use the prezi presentation.
https://prezi.com/6jurd6wyt89r/.- how do I convert this into prezi present , please. My presentation is on friday 16th oct.

Hi @vikassaxena22, we’ve opened a ticket regarding your request, and the presentation should be converted now. :slight_smile:

Hi!

I have a Prezi classic presentation that I wish to upload to prezi video. In fact I have all my presentations on classic and wish to put them into video format so that I can present/deliver my training online. I note that you were able to do this for @vikassaxena22. Can you do the same for me please?

Many thanks,

John

1 Like

Hi @John_Trott, I’m going to open a support ticket from your request so we can better track it. :slight_smile:

Hi, @Bart, I was wondering the same thing: ALL my many Prezi Classic items now need to be preserved for future use. Video conversion is not working, PDF download is not working, and Next conversion is not ready. Is there a solution to save all this content other than downloading each image (that is hundreds), for future re-upload and redesign? Perhaps “favorite” them all, then download the “favorites” Hmmm, doubtful. I’m a Mac User.
Thank you for any help or suggestions.

Hello @Anne_Coldiron, very soon you’ll be available to convert your Classic presentations to Present, and consequently, to Prezi Video as well.

All your Classic content will remain connected to your account, the conversion is only required if you need to further edit any of those presentations. and it can be done at any time!

Hope this could help :slight_smile:

Thank you! --Anne

1 Like

Hiya - follow up on this - the prezi site and desktop app currently tells me that “I can convert classic to present with one click” but I can’t see anything to actually click? Am i missing something or am I jumping the gun here in that the feature is not quite here yet!

Andrew

I have this question too. ??