Can´t change email address

Hello, so I´m trying to change my accounts email adress, however it seems to not be possible.
Whenever I change it in settings I get a message saying the email change has been accepted; however it won´t change in my account settings.
I tired to log out and then log in with the new email but then I´m told that´s an unregistrated email.
(I have a Edu Standard license if that helps)
Does this mean I am legit unable to change email adress? If that is the case I will lose access to my Prezi account as my old email will soon be discontinued.

Small side note, I find it ridiculous that I am unable to contact customer support without having to pay a mounthly fee.

Hello, I have the same problem. Have you solved it yet? I have my old university email and now as a university teacher I have another and I need it to change it and upgrade my account. But I cant upgrade the account without email confirmation and I cant confirm it because of old email address. So funny. :frowning: and customer support I can`t contact without having to pay a mounthly fee. So what to do?
Thank you for answer, Veronika

A post was split to a new topic: EDU account

Hello @Veronika_Humlerova, we have replied to your Facebook message :slight_smile:

I can’t seem to change my email address either! This is nuts! I changed jobs and need this to follow me to my new email but all I get is ‘cannot change email.’ Prezi video says ‘its easy as pie’… no way. And no support. Please help!!!

Hello @Maureen_Frye, I’ve sent you a private message regarding the issue :slight_smile:

Hi, I also have the same problem. I no longer work at the school my email address is from, but I can’t change the email address to another (edu) address. (When I enter my regular email address, it just says “cannot change address”.)
It says that it will change it and sends an email to confirm it to my new address, but when I click the link it always says that the link has expired even though I just asked for it.
Can someone help?

Hello @Jonas_Theilen, I’ve sent you a private message concerning the issue :slight_smile:

Same problem here too…

Hey @Gertie_Ekdahl_Axelss, I have sent you a private message so we can solve the issue. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have the same issue. Joined in 2011 with an EDU license, no longer work for that school and cannot change my email address. I would like to change to my personal address so my stuff will follow me even though I am a teacher. It seems that only the registered/approved EDU email address can be used. This is ridiculous in today’s society when people move between institutions within the same industry regularly.
Please help.

I would like to migrate my student account to my new university email (I have changed universities for grad school). However, I no longer have access to my old university email account. Do I just have to set up a new student account, and assume I will lose my old presentations?

Hey @JP_Hampshire, I’ve sent you a private message regarding the issue :slight_smile:

Hey @Alex_Grigor I’ve sent you a private message about the issue :slight_smile:

I have same this issue
Can you please help me?
I want to download my presentation, but it doesn’t work as free my email is (edu)

Hello @Lubna_Al, with a free Basic plan you won’t be able to download your presentation as this is a paid feature, we have the Edu Plus offer though at $84 USD / year which has this feature - you can opt for a 7-day free trial to test it without having to pay in advance.

Hope this helped :slight_smile:

I have the same issue, I could not change my email address so I created a new one. My previous account email belonged to my prior employer which I don’t have access anymore. It said it changed the email but I totally lost access to it now.

Hello @Emre_Gemici I’ve sent you a private message regarding the issue :slight_smile:

I’m in the same boat. I have a new email, and am with a new school, but I need all my old presentations. I can still access my old account because I have my old email and password, but I have no access to that email anymore. I can’t believe Prezi would do teachers like this…such a shame. Can I get some help switching emails?

Hello @Lauren_Palulis, I’ve sent you a private message regarding this :slight_smile: