Can’t create account - invalid email address error

the basic account creator gui is failing on a perfectly valid email address. 21%20AM

I used to like prezi a lot. But i find myself running into more and more things i dont like about the changes made on the system. Eliminating the free educational accounts being my top disappointment with the platform. I also am not thrilled that you offer basic users no support what so ever. I think its completely ridiculous that the company never developed a converter to get prezi classic presentations to prezi next presentations.

I am really disappointed with my experience over the last 18 months.

Hello @School_Of_Beats, I am sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Prezi. I will forward your feedback regarding the license types and features to our product team and developers. Can you please try creating an account in another browser, and in case the problem persists with another email address? You will be able to change the email any time in your account settings or we can also help you update it.

The first pic in my initial post was with Google Chrome. This pic below is trying it on safari. Same exact issue.

that email address is 100% working and valid. there are no spaces or weird characters in there. I have tried, retried, typed, retyped, restarted browsers, rebooted… everything i know to do as a trained IT professional. Whatever the form restrictions are on that field, they are wrong.

i was able to create an account using an email address of .net with eveything else the same… then change it in the profile settings. So your issue is that the email field in the signup form is not accepting a .org domain.

Hello @School_Of_Beats, we have looked into this and creating accounts with a .org email address seems to be working on our side. I apologize for any inconvenience and will report this issue you have experienced to the responsible team. If you need further assistance please let us know.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Create account

I have the exact same issue with two .dev and .net e-mail addresses.
The form says “Please enter a valid individual email address (i.e., name@company.com).”.
This is no browser or front-end issue, your API responds with a 400 error:

POST https://prezi.com/signup/basic/ 400

{
  "errors": {
    "email": "Please enter a valid individual email address (i.e., name@company.com)."}, 
    "success": false
  }
}

I see that .dev is a uncommon TLD but .net? Ironically I couldn’t even message you without being signed in, so I ended up using my old gmail address. This was a quite frustrating experience.

Hello @Simon_Lorenz, I apologize for the inconvenience. You should be able to create an account with a .net email address. I would suggest trying to change the email now in your Account Settings. If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us, we’ll be happy to help.

Hello @Sara, thanks for your fast reply!
I changed my email in the settings as you suggested.

IMHO Users should be able to create accounts with whatever email address they like, as long as they can prove that they have control over this email address.

@Sara this exact same issue is happening for me

And when I attempted to create an account with my personal google account (as opposed to the appropriate work email - admin@dogagingproject.org), and then update the email address, it says it’s updated and then I refresh and it goes back to my personal gmail email. Please advise.

Hello @Admin_Dog_Aging_Proj, looks like currently the .org email is connected to your account, you should be able to log in using it. Please let me know if you’re able to access the account and if you need further assistance, I’ll be happy to help.