Can't rotate on a Chromebook

not_planned

This CTRL ALT rotation does not work on a Chromebook - the primary device for many many students nationwide.

ALT on a Chromebook causes the click to be a right-click, it is already assigned as that in Chrome OS.

How do you get around this conflict?

Thanks!

Justin

How can I rotate an image?

@Justin_Bourque could you perhaps try AltGr (or Right Alt)?

Both Alts on a Chromebook are right click.

@Justin_Bourque according to the support page of Chromebook:

The Windows key between Ctrl and Alt works as the Search key

Could you please test if it helps?

There is no windows key on a Chromebook.

We’ve reported this to the responsible team, if they manage to come up with a solution or a workaround, we’ll post it here!

Still no solution?

Our development team has taken a look but it is something that cannot be fixed on our end as it’s an issue on Chromebook’s side, I’m afraid.

Prezi - that is a poor excuse. While it may be a google issue, the reality is they are not going to be in ANY hurry to fix this as it doesn’t affect their product. Meanwhile, I am not able to use the product at my school and will be forced to find something else or go back to Google Slides.

This is something you need to create a way around such as being able to use a different click path. Google won’t care if you lose customers.

I agree with Seth. Chromebooks are a widely used device and Prezi needs to find a better way to have rotating text or images. This was a lot easier with Prezi Classic and should be a simple fix for you to make. I guess next school year I will just have my students use Google Slides instead of Prezi. Bummer.

Ugh., is this not covered in: “How can I rotate an image?” o.0

https://www.prezi.community/t/how-can-i-rotate-an-image/