Change order of topics and subtopics

I’ve finished structuring my prezi but now I’d like to change the order of my subtopics. Is that possible?

Why don't planets stay where I put them?
Edit the path as in Prezi Classic

Yes, of course, you can reorder your subtopics anytime. In the left sidebar:

1. Select the subtopic you want to move.
  2. Drag and drop it to its new position.

You can also change the order of your topics and subtopics anytime by dragging and dropping them to a new place:

For more info, check the Structuring in Prezi Next article in our Knowledge Base.

hi I am new to prezi and making my first presentation. I have a topic in the centre and then 8 topics around the outside I want to make the topic in the centre the first topic and then go around the outside from 1o’clock through to 12’o clock and then jump outside to another topic. when I arrange the topics in the left hand side it always moves the circle so the first topic is at 1o’clock and not in the centre. can anyone help please, thank you

Please see my answer above on how to edit the structure of your presentation, I hope it helps. In case you still have questions, do not hesitate to ask and also share the link to your presentation.

HI Vanda,

Picking up on this issue, I am having trouble with re-ordering subtopics. Starting from a template, I have the following current set-up:

I want to change the order of the subtopics, making the #3 subtopic the #4 subtopic (and later, maybe I’ll change the order even more.

When I drag and drop as you explain above, it results in unwanted changes in my actual presentation. See here:

You’ll see that subtopics #3 and #4 have switched, as desired. However, the circles in the corresponding subtopics have switched themselves without me doing anything, which totalyl screws up my presentation. The orange “framing questions” circle and blue “opportunities” circle have swapped position. That’s not at all what I want.

How can I switch subtopic order without seeing any changes in the actual graphic layout?

Why don't planets stay where I put them?

Here is another example showing how frustrating and disruptive this bug is.

Note below: Subtopic 5 is “Key Takeaways” and orange. Observe where all the titles and graphics are.

The I drag/drop Subtopic 5 as you explain above to put it into position 3. Observe the complete chaos that ensues:

I mean, that’s a complete disaster, right? I can’t imagine that’s how Prezi’s supposed to work. Please advise, thank you.

Hi, I’m a new user, and I chose a template that had the topics going counter clockwise; however, I have since realized that it would be better if it went clockwise. Can I change this without having to change my entire template? I know you can move the topics around, but they are strategically placed with a map in the background. I just want the last topic to now be where the presentation begins. Thank you!

@Austin_Robert dragging and dropping your topics where they’re supposed to be should solve this issue, please see my answer with illustration here:

I don’t want to change where the topics are located though. I have a map in the background. If I reorder subtopics in the side bar then it changes the location of the bubble. It doesn’t change the path. I just want the order the path goes in to change if that makes since. So I have 6 topics placed on a map. Right now it goes 6-5-4-3-2-1 counter clock wise. I want it to go 1-2-3-4-5-6 clockwise if there is a way to change that without completing restarting.

Could you please share the link of your presentation with me so that I could have a look?

Was this ever resolved? I am experiencing the same bug. disastrously annoying. Deal breaker if we can not find a solution.

Similar to Austin above, I don’t want to change where the topics are located. I have a map in the background. If I reorder subtopics in the side bar then it changes the location of the bubble. It doesn’t change the path. I just want the order the path goes in to change if that makes since. So I have 6 topics placed on a map. Right now it goes 6-5-4-3-2-1 counter clock wise. I want it to go 1-5-3-4-2-6. When I reorder the topics in the sidebar, it actually moves their placement on the map! Help!

If you change the position of the topics in the left side path editor the topics will also rearrange on the canvas. You are able to manually move the topics on the canvas in different orders.

Here is an example to show how this can be done.

In the screencast you can see how you can rearrange the topics on the canvas, but not the order they are presented. It can be a little bit tricky due to the “snapping” of topics to connectors between two topics. You will see when a topic will snap between two other topics when you see a large circle outline.

I understand this method might not be the most convenient but hopefully it will be a usable workaround for you.