Change order of topics and subtopics

Hello @Susanne_Leithner, I merged your post with the relevant thread. Please, check Vanda’s reply on how to change the order:

I’m new to the tool and working on creating a presentation. Found a template that looks great, except that it flows from one topic to the next in a clockwise circle and I need it to flow counterclockwise. Everytime I reorder the slides in the lefthand bar it just moves my subtopics. How can I change the direction of the flow from clockwise to counterclockwise?

Hello @Justin_Stuck, I merged your post with the relevant thread. Please, check @Agnes workaround above:

I have a Standard plan.

While creating my first presentation I realized that I accidentally built a subtopic set of slides with the first level of sub topic not being needed. Is there a way to move up the subtopics below this and get rid of the extra page?

Example:
Main page

• Topic 1
    – subtopic 1
    – subtopic 2
    — sub/subtopic 1
    — sub/subtopic 2

In this case, I want to get rid of subtopic 2 and move up the sub/subtopic pages. Is this doable?

Thank you in advance!

Mark

Hello @Mark_Ogne, you can move the subtopics under a different topic by copy-pasting their thumbnails in the left panel. If you right click on the thumbnail and select Copy you’ll just need to navigate to the place in the presentation you’d like to move them to and then use the cmd+V (Mac) or Ctrl+V (Windows) shortcut. I have created a screencast for you: http://support.prez.is/2669c675192b This way you can change the order of topics/subtopics in your presentation. I hope this helps.

Thank you Sara! Your expertise is MUCH appreciated!

I created a Copy beforehand, just to be sure:-)

Mark

1 Like

@Mark_Ogne You’re welcome. Have a great day!

i want to edit the paths , how could i do that

Hello @Abdelrahman_Hesha, I’ve moved your post into the relevant thread. You can change the order of your topics and subtopics by moving their thumbnails in the left panel. Please consult this article tutorial. I hope this helps.

Hi, I have a similar problem, when i reposition a topic on the canvas, it reorders it on the left panel. Since I am using a map, that leads to incorrect positions or incorrect order. I’ve looked at all of the tutorials, but none of them are actually solving my problem.

Please help

Hello @Kuhu_Tanvir, it is not possible to avoid changing the order in case you are moving the topics in the overview. I would recommend creating the final order by drag and dropping the thumbnails in the left panel first, then reordering topics in the overview while holding down Ctrl (Windows) or cmd (Mac). Alternatively you can also try moving them using the keyboard arrows only. If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

in my presentation I want to have a closer look to a topic, before showing other topics. I tried to set animations. When presentation starts, everything is fine. But when I click into a topic and leave, the other topics have appeared.
Is there a way to solve this? Or am I the mistake…?
Many Thanks!

Hello @Georg_Lisek, Prezi currently automatically zooms out to the overview between topics and it is not possible to remove this automatic animation. I would suggest adding subtopics to your topics in case you’d like to add more information within one topic. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

HI ,
I created a presentation with 4 topics and i added 3 more and the path was changed automatically.
I rearranged the slides according to the sequence i want but while presenting it is not coming in the sequence i wanted.
While rearranging the topics sequence the topic location on the presentation is also moving.

Hello @Reginald_Samuel, I merged your post with the relevant thread. Could you please send us the view link of the presentation so we can investigate it? :slight_smile:

https://prezi.com/view/BTPPMfRU6zB9ittOU4MA/

Hello @Reginald_Samuel, if you change the order in the left sidebar it will also rearrange their position in the overview, but you are able to only change their position in the overview, you can check this video on how to do so :slight_smile:

Please, let me know if this could help!

Hi Catarina,

Thank you for your email.

I tried but still the sequence is not in order. I want to show the home first then resource 1 then 2 and 3. I dont want to change the location icons also.

https://prezi.com/view/BTPPMfRU6zB9ittOU4MA/

Regards,

Regi.

Hello @Reginald_Samuel, I was able to change the order of topics and keep the same location, you can check this video on how to do so :slight_smile:

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please, feel free to reach out to us!

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like