[Closed] Change Stack to Planet after editing

Hello,
Prezi Next looks very nice!
Is it possible to transform stack to planet or planet to stack (after creation) ?
Thanks for your answer!
Francois

Currently, it’s not possible to change the subtopic type after editing, the only way is to insert a new subtopic with the desired form and copy-paste the content from the previous subtopic into this new one.

Thanks for your answer.
Your new “Prezi Next” interface is very well suited to organise data in multidimensional way! Well done!

2 Likes

Hello! I would like to add a second level of subtopics, but already created all the slides using the stack/page format. Can I convert this to a topic with subtopics without recreating this whole section of the prezi?

Here is a picture to show what I would like to change

@Megan_McDonough currently it’s not possible to change the subtopic format after inserting and editing it. As a workaround, you can insert a new Planet subtopic and copy-paste the content from the previous Stack subtopic into this new one.

Being able to convert to and from Stack and Planet would be helpful. It’s too easy to go down the wrong path. Especially, if you are new this Prezi Next centric concept. Forcing authors to make a design decision of Planet vs Stack up front is constraining.

You can refactor your design between Stack and Planet using copy and paste, but it’s time-consuming as the pasting has defects where it drops information such as all animation information and text blocks with extra information like font and color adjustments.

4 Likes

Hi @JJ_JJ, thank you for the feedback. With our latest update, you can change the shape of your topic with a couple of clicks. I really hope you’ll find this feature helpful :slight_smile:

Hey Kata, I’m confused… This comment doesn’t really add to answering the question? Specifically being able to convert a stack to a planet is still impossible at this point in time, if I’m not mistaken (it says so when you go to the layout tab, which is greyed out when you are in a stack).
Is there any news on where this feature stands priority-wise?

Hello @Julien_Verplanken, although currently it’s not possible to switch a Stack to a Planet, you can simply add a new Planet topic and copy the content of your page. We will forward your feedback to our Product team and as soon as we have any news, we will post it here :slight_smile:

I fully agree that it would be really helpful to be able to convert to a planet from a stack or vice versa. The workaround is cumbersome - especially for those of us still learning how to use the product.

1 Like

Hello @Julie_Grosche, thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us, we’ll also send it to our Product team!

This is still a needed feature for me. To back able to change format from Stack to Planet and back again. Using copy and paste as a workaround slows productivity.

Hi @JJ_JJ, I’ve forwarded your feedback. We will update this thread if we have any news about this feature.