Color Innacurate/Inconsistent (Hex Code)

Hello,

I am running into an issue using hex codes to create custom topic colors. I’m trying to make all of my topics the same color (#fbe709). However, the color that shows up when I enter this code is inconsistent (see screenshot below). Has anyone else encountered this issue? Any advice would be really helpful, as this problem is very frustrating.

Thanks,
Addie

***UPDATE based on helpful feedback from Plastic_Ingenuity
After trying some troubleshooting, I believe that the issue is that the topic shapes are being read as PDFs. All of the colors for these topics (including white) seem to have a grey tone to them. Does anyone know how I can correct this?

18%20AM

that looks like a topic and a subtopic touching- have you updated both the upper topic and the lower subtopic? once you are able to get them to match, you can right-click and choose to “update style preset” and it will update all at that level.

Thank you for your response! The photo shows two topics that I dragged to show the difference in color. Here is an image of all of the topics.

Try choosing one that you like color-wise and right click on that one, and pick the “Update style preset” option. See what happens & if it changes anything, I’m curious. (If it stays the same, make sure you go to the ones that look “off” and have that same style chosen.) Or maybe you have a glitch which then would require Prezi to dig into. Just thought I’d try to troubleshoot with you!

1 2

1 Like

Thank you so much for your suggestions! I just tried that, and it looks like maybe I’ve hit on the source of the issue. The topics that are different colors are showing different presets, so updating the style presets in one doesn’t affect the others.

That could be it! Sometimes the opacity slider could be off on one and affect things, even though the color code matches. So, hopefully you can adjust to match now!

1 Like

Great! For some reason the different topics seem to be operating on different presets (updating them for one topic doesn’t automatically update the others). Do you know how what might be causing that issue?

After poking around a bit more I’m wondering if the system is reading some of the topics as PDFs instead of shapes? This is the menu that comes up when I go to “Advanced Topic Editing”. It also doesn’t give me the option to update style presets for these shapes.

What happens when you try deleting or replacing the PDF in this case? (Is it possible you unknowingly have a yellow circle on top of your topic bubble?)

1 Like

Hmm there doesn’t seem to be anything underneath it, just the circle which is reading as a PDF. Thank you for the suggestion!

One last idea. After you delete, does the topic still remain (basically a see-through space)? At that point if it is still there, have you tried to re-update the style color & opacity? That’s all I’ve got… I’m sure Prezi can figure it out tomorrow otherwise. Best of luck!

It doesn’t. Thank you so much for all of your help!

Hello @Addie_Kramer, the reason why this happens is that some of the visuals in your presentation are shapes, while others (after changing the topic shape) are pdfs which have a default grayscale color. Our developers have designed this feature in a way that these type of topics look a bit different. As a workaround I would suggest replacing the circle pdfs with a shape (using the Insert-Shapes tab). Then if you set the color to the mentioned value all the topics’ visual should look the same.

2 Likes

Hi @Sara, thank you for your response! The shapes are the correct color now – is there a way that I can get them to function as topics?

Hello @Addie_Kramer, you’ll have to insert the shapes into the topic covers - please consult this article tutorial to learn how you can edit the cover. If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us, we’ll be happy to help.

Most of my topic shapes are not black but dark grey. There is a slight variation in colour between the earlier ones and the later ones and then some of the later ones are just black. I need them to all be just black as I am adding images with a black background. How do I switch off the colour variation?

Hello @w_pun, can you please send a screenshot of the problem you’re experiencing? You can change the color of the topic shapes in the top toolbar. First you’ll need to click on the topic, then you’ll see the topic color menu appear. Please feel free to reach out to us if you need further assistance.

So I have chosen the colour yellow, #fbdd00 for my background colour and topic colour. However when I zoom in to topics and subtopics the yellow now has a black film over it.

Ok, so i had loaded a variety of images to demonstrate the problem, but apparently, i am only allowed to load the one image here, So, this image is not ideal but shows the difference between the background colour and as you can see in the index area each zoomed-in topic is a different yellow
As you can see, there is no opaque black or grey in any of the presets. I have changed them all and reverted back and nothing has fixed this problem. I don’t know why or where the system is grabbing the opaque black overlay from,

I have even tried starting the presentation from new and cut and paste the slides over to the new version but they call then arrive with this grey, black change in the colour scheme.
Any suggestions?

Hello @Roy_Hawker! I merged your post to the relevant thread. Please see Sara’s answer above:

The reason why this happens is that some of the visuals in your presentation are shapes, while others (after changing the topic shape) are pdfs which have a default grayscale color. Our developers have designed this feature in a way that these type of topics look a bit different. As a workaround I would suggest replacing the circle pdfs with a shape (using the Insert-Shapes tab). Then if you set the color to the mentioned value all the topics’ visual should look the same.

The workaround for this would be to insert shapes into the topic covers. You can check this article to learn how to edit the cover.

When i do it, the color of the topics are modified (even tough the color selection windows says it is the same color), what should i do?