Compatibility with Macbook Apple M1 processor (Big Sur)

@olaoludeji I’ve already sent a private message through the forum.

Hey, MBP M1 user here. I can’t see the Prezi Virtual Camera on Zoom. I m having the same pink screen and cant use my presentations to my students. Is there any fix yet??

Nope. Welcome to our terror. There’s no solution in the near future, even though they have repeatedly assured they’re working on it. Who knows

Hello @Terry_Tzoumerkas, we’re currently facing some compatibility issues with the new M1 processor, like the one you’ve sent, and our development team is actively working on the resolution of these.

Meanwhile, I’ll also send you a private message so we can find the best solution for you!

@Catarina could you drop me a DM please? I too have this issue with the pink screen of death. :slight_smile:

I do realise that everyone else on the Zoom call can see me and my presentation, I just can’t see myself in the Zoom window. So I’m assuming then the solution for now is to also just dial in to the Zoom call from another device and then can monitor things that way? Or just wing it and use Prezi Video and hope all is going well on the connected Zoom call.

Hello, also having the M1 Zoom, pink screen problem. I have a strict timeline to Zoom with clients and need to see them. How are we fixing this?

Hello @Jason_Bagley, I’ll contact you privately!

This “pink screen of death” issue happens due to the Zoom SDK version not meeting the new Apple machines with M1 chips. As workaround, you can try your suggestion and connect to Zoom using a different device :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @Kristin_Storla, I’ll contact you privately as well so we can find the best solution for your case!

Thanks for explaining it. I think everyone thinks this is a Prezi issue, but it’s actually Zoom that needs to update their SDK to properly work with the new M1 Macs. :frowning:

2 Likes

I tried to open a new presentation and it said my new MacBook Pro does not meet the system requirements. It worked the other day. but now it’s not.

Hello @Gary_McCaskill, I merged your post with the relevant thread.

We’re currently experiencing some compatibility issues with M1 processors, and our development team is actively working on the resolution of these.

We want to ensure that we can find the best solution for you, so let us know if you’d like to be contacted privately about it :slight_smile:

Thank you for the quick response.
I figured as much. It was working just the day before. then it asked for some type of permission of license.

Thanks for the informations @Gary_McCaskill, could you please send us a screenshot of what you see?

Well, you know the story: just got a MacMini with M1 chip and my Prezi desktop app does not work… Please add me to the list of people who like to be informed of any development on this issue!

Kind Greetings, Marjon

Hello @Marjon_Joosen, we’re going to send you a private message so we can find the best solution for you!

Dear Catarina,
I am MBP M1 user. I can’t see the Prezi Virtual Camera on Teams. I can’t use Prezi Video to my presentations class. Is there any fix yet??

Hello @Jimi_Nakajima, our developers are still working on the fix for this, we’ll update this thread as soon as we have any developments!