Compatibility with Macbook Apple M1 processor (Big Sur)

Thanks!
Prezi Video running smoothly on MBP M1 while teaching via zoom
Thanks again

1 Like

Thanks a lot for confirming @Israel_Castillo, and please let us know if you encounter any other issues :slight_smile:

Hello everyone, we’re happy to announce that the latest version of Prezi Video desktop application contains support for Apple M1!

Could you please update the application and let us know if everything is running smoothly?

We’re still working on the fix for the Prezi Next desktop application, we’ll keep sharing any developments in this thread.

Looking forward to your feedback :slight_smile:

I am unable to edit my presentations on the desktop app or even in the browser.
Using MacBook Pro M1 and safari

Hi @Hussien_Heshmat, I’ve merged your question to the relevant topic.

Could you please check the answers above? :slight_smile:

I am unable to edit even in the browser! How will updating the app fix the issue?

I reinstalled the app and still gets the same error message. I am also still unable to edit in the browser.

Hi @Hussien_Heshmat, please note that the M1 support issues have been fixed for Prezi Video for now.

The fix for Prezi Next desktop app is still in development.

Could you please explain a bit more in details what is happening when you try to edit in the browser? Could you share a screenshot of the issue?

I’m confused: there is a new version of the app Prezi VIDEO, yes; but how does that solve the problems with Prezi-Present (desktop app names " Prezi-Next")? This is the app where I make new Prezi’s and edit existing ones. I still cannot work on my Mac-M1 because of this…

And Yes, I’m up to date, I’m using the latest version of the app (1.51.0)

1 Like

On the browser, safari, it keeps loading forever and never opens

On Safari, trying to edit the presentation, it keeps loading forever and never opens. I gave one whole hour and did not open.

Hi @Hussien_Heshmat, that seems like an issue with the cache of the browser.
Can you try to open prezi.com in a different browser or clear the cache of your Safari browser?

Hi @Marjon_Joosen, please note that a fix has only been released for Prezi Video, for now, the solution for the problem with Prezi Next is still in development. In the meantime I would recommend you using Google Chrome to edit your presentations online.

Hi!
really glad to hear that there is an updated version of Prezi video for M1; However, it seems something went wrong when I turned on the desktop app. I’m sure that my camera is on but there’s no image shown in the edit window. Is there any way that I can fix it? look forward to your response.

Hello @Dylan_Chun , can you try to download the newest version of our app via this link. After downloading it, restart the app and try again.
I hope to hear from you. :blush:

Thanks for your response! I followed your instructions and it’s still not working :sob: Same issues. maybe I can just wait for the next version of Prezi video app. Thanks anyway :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello @Dylan_Chun, did you try selecting your camera on the “Camera Menu”, on the upper left corner?

It’s working!!! You’re Awesome

Many thanks xoxo

2 Likes

What is the status of Prezi Present being supported for the Apple M1 processor?

Hi @John_Purcell, I’ve merged your question to the relevant topic.

Could you please see the answer above?

If this is not fixed soon, I will have to leave Prezi. I cannot create presentations and “hope” it is fixed in time. It is frustrating that I have build processes around using prezi for current clients, prospects, and other presentations and to have this happen. I downloaded the latest version and it still does not work with the M1. Please fix or I will just have to find a replacement.