Conforming to Accessibility Standards

Hello @Bergthor_Thordarson, thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us, although there are some workarounds that can help, we are aware this is not an optimal experience for people with disabilities.

We will make sure to share your comment with our Product team and we’ll update this post as soon as we have any news :slight_smile:

These comments from the Prezi employees are a joke. Clearly the users want your products to be ADA compliant. Why do you not see the need to have your product and technology accessible by all?

3 Likes

Here we are…three years after the original post and Prezi is STILL not accessible. This is saddening considering things have drastically shifted towards the use of ADA compliant tech. The company targets students and educators, yet they are not willing to meet the needs of EVERYONE in the classroom. I’ve been using Prezi in my college classroom since 2013 and had hoped that things would change. Since they haven’t, I will have to shift back to PowerPoint. Get with it Prezi!

2 Likes

Question from the EU Accessibility Directive point of view. In our organization, as in many others, we definetly need Prezi. By the accessibility directive / law, we need to produce material with A and AA -criteria (visual pictures being able to read “text to speech” by reading tools). How do the digital reading solutions read Prezis? Please, needing an answer what is the situation with Prezi and Accessibility Directive?

Hello @Piia_Jokelainen, I merged your post with the relevant thread.

Although Prezi is not ADA compliant at the moment, our Product team is aware of this need and we are currently working on solutions for this matter.

For now, we can only recommend the workaround mentioned previously, you can check them here.

Hope this could help, and please, let us know if you have any other questions :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Ben_Wilson
I wouldn’t count PowerPoint out. It is accessible and it does the same things that Pretzi does, it just takes longer to design. I would hate that you lose your exciting presentations!

Hello there.

Does anybody know about how barrier free prezi is to use (and how to set this up) or if there are possibilities to use a prezi presentation with a screenreader?

Best from Vienna
Michael

Hello @Michael_Schoeppl, I merged your post with the relevant thread. I would recommend you to check this reply :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi - I’m creating a presentation through Prezi Present, and am experimenting with recording it, following the instructions here: Adding narration to your presentation (using Prezi Video) – Prezi Support Center

I was just wondering if it’s possible to generate a transcript of the audio, for accessibility.

Hi @Nicola_Clarke, I’ve merged your question to the relevant topic.

Please note that a transcript is automatically generated for most of the videos you create with Prezi Video.

Hope this helps!