Controlling the switch between pages

So, I am new (please be patient!) and I cant seem to figure this part out. I understand that the order for my prezi goes Overview-Topics-Subtopic(s)-Page(s). My question is about multiple pages. So lets say I have 3 pages because I have 3 images I want to show under my subtopic (called a “stack”, yes?). When I want to move forward and switch between them, the transition is really jarring. It is like in Power Point when the next slide just jumps into view. So how do I change that to either slow down and fade in…zoom…pretty much anything but flashing up on the screen?

TIA!!

Hello @J_Leslie, currently Prezi automatically zooms into your subtopics one after the other in the order you create in the left panel, and as this is an automatic animation, it is not possible to change or slow down the transition unfortunately. I apologize for any inconvenience and will forward your feedback to our developers. As a workaround, I would suggest trying using Planet subtopics instead of Stack.

1 Like

Topics and pages are not the only way to introduce steps in the presentation. You can organize your images inside a single topic and then add the images to the path.

then in present mode the camera focuses to the first image then moves onto the next one. You can adjust the distance between the images to achieve faster or slower camera movement. More advanced users use this to add dynamic to their story.

Add fade in and out effects to show and hide stuff as you present. You can show/hide group of objects at once.

You can create a zoom area to focus to a group of items.

While you are zoomed in you can fade in something outside the viewarea so when you zoom out it becomes visible. An other nice trick.

Play with the options on the animation sidebar.

What are you presenting about?

Yes, it seems to be a limitation of the template I am using (Climb to Success) because, unlike templates with planets, there do not seem to be any subtopic options available. The only choice is “add page.”

Hi David,

Thanks for responding. It seems to be a limitation of the template I am using (Climb to Success) because, unlike templates with planets, there do not seem to be any subtopic options available. The only choice is “add page.” I have used other templates with great success in the past, but it is the first time I am using this one and I find it more limited in versatility. It’s fine for now, but I most likely wont use it again.

I am presenting on recognizing and accommodating dyslexia in an English Language Classroom :slight_smile:

We have these two structures, stacks and planets to organize content. I dont know that template but i’m sure there is a way to add a planet if you really need that. Or just use a single page with multiple images as I suggested.

@J_Leslie did you figure it out at the end?

@David_NemethCsoka - in your post above, you mention that
“You can adjust the distance between the images to achieve faster or slower camera movement”
So does closer mean it moves slower or faster?
Thanks!