Copy+Paste Stack (page) to new location, not duplicate

I like the new Prezi sidebar navigation, but with that change, I’ve lost the ability to Copy + Paste a whole page into a different location. Did I miss the instruction on how to do so? Now when I right-click the page I want to copy or move, I get a “Duplicate” option. The duplicate populates right after the original. I don’t want it there (in this case), I want to be able to move a page from one stack topic to another, for example. How do I do that now, please?

1 Like

Adding to this:

• First, I have the same issue when wanting to Copy + Paste a full page from one prezi to a different prezi presentation. How do I do that as well? (Using the CTRL keys isn’t working.) I move & combine full pages a lot, so this is quite critical for me to be able to do. (Hopefully it’s an easy task and I just need to go through a different tutorial.)

• Second, acknowledging that I CAN shift-select everything on a particular page and copy over that way, but it messes up the scale when pasted that way. I’d much prefer if the “Duplicate” function worked where you can have it populate somewhere other than behind original…

Thanks!

Hello @Plastic_Ingenuity thanks for pointing this out, our development team is already aware of it and we’re working to find a solution for it :slight_smile:

As soon as there are any updates, we’ll update this thread!

1 Like

That’s great news & will be eagerly anticipating the fix!

2 Likes

looks like we rae still waiting for the fix, I assumed they moved the option unless u are a premium user, used to be easy to copy and paste and as u all have noted now we can only duplicate in the same presentation…frustrating. Hope you get it sorted soon @Catarina

I have talked to the support about this twice. Very nice people but no solutions at all. I needed to put down the work on my presentation because of this issue. I now went back to Prezi to see whether there was an update that fixed the bug. Nope. Seriously, Prezi people. I find this disrespectful to the umpteenth degree. You may have one or the other fancy shiny feature, but not delivering on the basics really sucks. I will ask for my money back if this doesn’t get resolved ASAP. There is hardly a was to use the app without a copy function. Seriously.

Katia

I have the same problem. This is a basic and very important functionality. I build complicated pages with animations - it must be possible to move them elsewhere in the presentation (and also into another Prezi) rather than having to rebuild them from scratch…

1 Like

Hello? Anyone there from Prezi to respond?

Hi @Stefan_Rahmstorf, thanks for the feedback, we’ll update this thread once we have any news about this feature.

In the meantime, you can copy and paste the whole stack topic to the target location and then remove the pages that you don’t need. This workaround could save some time compared to rebuilding these stacks from scratch.

Hope this helps!

Thank you Bart. I am using the 64 bit Prezi Next for Windows.

The reason why I don’t use planet topics is:
Presenting: If the topics have a colour ring around them, this shows up during zooming between subtopics and is a distraction. I can’t have parts of a colour ring moving across the screen each time I advance to the next slide. I know I can make the ring transparent, but then it is very hard to actually see the topic on the canvas.

So for me, planet topics simply don’t work. I don’t see why I can’t move pages from one stack topic to another???

Stefan

Hi @Stefan_Rahmstorf, thanks for your feedback.

In my answer, I meant that you can copy the whole stack topic (not using planet topics) to the desired location, then remove the pages you don’t need, this way you can move your pages to another place. Please note that this is only a workaround and I’m forwarding your feedback to our product team.

Thanks for keeping it top of list with the product team!