Cursor doesn't disappear

Hello everybody,

when I start a prezi online from the dashboard I was used to the cursor disappearing after a short moment. Now the cursor doesn’t disappear. Is this behavior normal?
I’am new to prezi. But I did not notice that a few weeks ago.
I use Win 10 with updated firefox.

Thanks for any help
Philipp

I have tested with Chrome Version 74.0.3729.131 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit)
and Firefox 66.0.4 (64-Bit). The cursor does not disappear while presenting.
That doesn’t look nice. Does anyone else realize that?
Weeks ago it dissappeared I guess.
By the way I can reproduce this on several Win 10 PCs.

Hello @Philipp, the cursor stays visible in Present mode when using the online editor. I apologize for any inconvenience and will forward your request to our developers. As a workaround I would suggest opening the presentation in the desktop application. Please let me know if you have any other questions or need further assistance.

Hello Sara,
using the desktop app is not a solution for me. I mostly do not present with my own pc. So I would like to work with the online access.
Question: The cursor always disappeared after a few seconds, didn’t it? Or am I wrong?
I’m not sure.

Greetings
Philipp

Hello @Philipp, in the online editor the cursor always stays visible, this is how the software works currently, it hasn’t been changed recently.

Hello Sara,

oh then I was wrong. Sorry. Thanks for taking care.

But what sense does it make that the cursors stays visible in Present Mode. The behavior like in the desktop app would be better.
Visible when moving the mouse etc.
A big advantage of Prezi is the platform-independent access via browser.

I have thought about your workaround.
There is a PC in each classroom where we can work.
If I use the desktop app after installing and log out after the lecture. Could someone get my access data?

Thanks!

Hello @Philipp, I am very sorry about the inconvenience and will make sure to pass your feedback on to our developers.
In case you log out of your account after using the application on a school computer, others should not be able to access it.
Also as another workaround, I would suggest downloading the presentation and using the exported file to present, as the cursor is not visible there either.

This solution sounds good. Thanks!

Greetings
Philipp

Hello Sara,

portable Prezi, I have just tried. :ok_hand:
Just right for my case. Great, thank you for the note.

1 Like

@Philipp You’re welcome! Have a great day!

+1

It is very frustrating to move the cursor each time to the right corner, each time you present with the browser. Please work on it!

If you work with logitech’s spotlight presenter, and you use the cursor temporarily to click something in the persentation (helpful for non-linear presentation), it’s useless to move the cursor to the right corner.

Portable Prezis help me out of the matter first.

But I agree with you. The cursor should behave as in youtube videos.

Hello @Triticale, I will forward your request to our developers. As a workaround I would suggest presenting from the desktop app or exporting the presentations and using the downloaded files.

te cito por la medalla, ni te rayes

1 Like