Custom video template

Can I create a custom video template, that would show up in the template list for “create new video” rather than having to create the entire thing in Prezi Next and import every time?

Hello @Sean_Kennedy, currently it’s not possible to do so through “Create new video”, you need to reuse a Prezi Next presentation, but we will forward this feedback to our development team!

As a workaround, you can import your Next presentation with the custom template through the desktop app, and once it’s imported, close it and save that file. If you reopen your app, you will be able to find it in “Recently opened”, so you can record a video several times using that same file that contains the template.

Hope this could help! :slight_smile:

This would be an incredibly useful functionality for people like me who need to do webinars with a common look and feel but variations in content.

Here’s the problem with the workaround:

When I create a video in the Prezi Video app, it saves as a .pvl file, which I can easily modify later by adding frames and changing content selectively in the Prezi Video app. The same thing happens when I import a Powerpoint presentation. When I import from Prezi Next, I get a .pv file that does not appear to be easily editable in Prezi Video. It seems odd that a Powerpoint import yields a more flexible experience in Prezi Video than importing from another Prezi app. Is there a fix for this that I am missing?

Hello @Sean_Kennedy, the pv. file is not editable, you’re only able to add Presenter Notes and record several times using that same presentation/template.

I’ll reach out to our development team about the export format of draft videos that are reusing a Next presentation, as this could be a great solution for reusing and editing a “custom” template more quickly, so thank you so much for raising this matter!

I’ll get back to you as soon as we have any more details.

Or just let users customize a simple template. The movement wouldn’t have to be fancy. More important is the ability to add a custom graphic to the overlay, set colors and fonts, etc.

Hi @Sean_Kennedy, if you create a template in Prezi Next, you can edit that and record it from the web version with a few clicks, it’s not necessary that you import it every time to the desktop application. For more information please check this article.
We did, however, forward your feedback to our product team. :slight_smile:

Hi Bart,

That article actually does not help and I think you may be missing the point of my question.

The beauty of the Prezi Video app is that is so simple to add frames and content in a template. Going back to the Prezi Next web editor or the Prezi next desktop app is equally complicated. I want to edit on a custom template in the Prezi Video app itself. In fact, the only reason I would use Prezi Next at all, is because I’m not allowed to create my own template in Prezi Video.

Correct if I’m wrong, but whatever I create with Prezi Next saves as a .pv file. When I open it again, I don’t have access to the left-hand nav for frames or the “content” tab.

When I create something in the Prezi Video app, it saves as .pvl. That allows me to go back into it and add/change content very easily, save multiple versions, etc. I’m looking for that same workflow, but with a template that I can set myself.

I’m confident that I’m not the only potential use who would value this functionality. You could get a lot more corporate users, if you made it possible for them to easily work with a branded template.

Hi @Sean_Kennedy, thanks for the detailed description of your use case.
We understand that it would be useful to have the advanced editing features in the Prezi Video application, I’ll forward it to our product team.

Until then the only workaround is to create your templates in the web or in the Next application and then record the video with the PV application.

Are there available video templates with animation that is more subtle and not too dizzying?

Hi @Gary_de_Ocampo, I’ve merged your question to the relevant topic.

Could you tell me which video template is dizzying for you?

Please note that you can create your own template with the desired movement, which can be panning, zooming in and out and fading in and out objects.