Customize your Youtube or uploaded video thumbnail with this easy workaround!
(Paid feature: uploading personal video files is available for users with a Plus or higher Prezi Next plan. Inserting videos from Youtube is included with every Prezi Next license.)
You can place an image on top of your inserted video and spice it with a play icon in the middle - your audience won’t even notice the difference. Click here to watch the tutorial video.
Follow these steps to know how to do so:
1. To get started, insert your video from the Insert menu:
2. Place your video, and make a copy of the “play” icon using a screenshot tool. You can also insert a “play” icon from the insert menu, or use this image:
3. Insert your custom thumbnail image on top of the video. Adjust its edges to cover the video:
4. Insert the “play” icon on top of the image. Use the guidelines to center the icon:
5. Enjoy! When you present, the presentation will zoom into your custom thumbnail before playing the video.