Design changes when exporting

Dear Users!

Every time I export my design as an image/PDF it changes the alignment of the images and words in my design. Words cross over each other and all my design precision is lost.

Could someone please advise me on this?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hello!

When you create your design, it’s rendering all the fonts and object locations in your browser, on your computer. This means that your local configuration (i. e. - font hinting and anti-aliasing adjustments) says how to render it, what are the text field dimensions etc.
However, when you download the infographic as an image file, the rendering is done on our server-side. We can’t know what’s the users’ system configuration and what is expected in each case. Therefore sometimes text fields can become a bit wider/longer due to changes in font spacing, the number of rows may change which can cause it to overlap other objects etc. Same with object locations - due to differences in how different browsers calculate space between objects, sometimes some manually-placed objects inside your page may slightly change location both when viewing the project on a different browser or when downloading the project as an image file.

The solution in such situations would be to simply make text fields a bit larger than the actual text (leave a blank space after the text), so that in case there would be any differences in font size/spacing, there would be space to fit in without new rows of text being created or adjust the object location (some trial and error involved) to achieve the best result in the output document!

Please, let me know if you need any assistance with this!

Thank you for the information!

2 Likes