DirectX issue on Surface Pro

I am using surface pro
OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel® Core™ i5-7300U CPU @ 2.60GHz, 2712 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

Please help, error said “DirectX required” However I talked to Microsoft support to install all new version and others updated, Microsoft support said I do need to contact prezi next support about the installation coz we did all and have all what you need.

To let you know, I use prezi next for 2 years with my previous surface pro.

Br,
Vorada Serios
vorada.s@outlook.com
vorada.s@ku.th

Hi @Vorada_Serios it looks like the DirectX software needs updating on your device.
Could you please open up Start Menu on your surface pro, then type dxdiag and start the application? Please let me know what is the version number which you should see on the first page that comes up.

I just got a Surface Pro 7 with an Intel i5 processor, and when I try to open Prezi Next after downloading it says “DirectX Required. A dedicated or integrated graphics card that supports DirectX is required to view this presentation.” I checked, this computer has DirectX 12. My coworker has a Surface Go with an Intel Pentium Gold 4415Y Processor and it works fine. I have a hard time believing the Surface Go will work and the Surface Pro 7 will not… Please help!

Hi @Matt_Dugger, this seems to be a recurring issue with the Surface Pro. Could you tell me if it is the Prezi Next Desktop Application, or a portable presentation that’s giving you this error message? Could you tell me on exactly what operating system you are on?

Windows 10 Pro. Prezi Desktop app

Hi @Matt_Dugger, I have merged your messages to the relevant thread.
We are looking into this issue.
Could you tell me if you have the latest version of Prezi Next? Did you download it from prezi.com?

@Vorada_Serios, @Matt_Dugger,
Could you both please make sure you have the latest Windows Updates on your device as well as the latest GPU driver installed?

Add my name to the list of Surface Pro users with this problem. I’m on windows 10, running the latest prezi next (which was just downloaded). I ran the dxdiag command. I have DirectX 10 running. Here’s the rest of the information:

System Information

Time of this report: 2/9/2020, 13:56:58
         Machine name: BC-SURFACE
           Machine Id: {0CE7AAF0-0D89-443B-9A9F-E340F6B88CBF}
     Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 18362) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
             Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
  System Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
         System Model: Surface Pro 3
                 BIOS: 3.11.2650 (type: UEFI)
            Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4300U CPU @ 1.90GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
               Memory: 8192MB RAM
  Available OS Memory: 8098MB RAM
            Page File: 11064MB used, 4687MB available
          Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
      DirectX Version: DirectX 12
  DX Setup Parameters: Not found
     User DPI Setting: 144 DPI (150 percent)
   System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
      DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
             Miracast: Available, with HDCP

Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
DirectX Database Version: Unknown
DxDiag Version: 10.00.18362.0387 64bit Unicode

DxDiag Notes

Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
      Input Tab: No problems found.

Hi @Brandon_Condrey, thanks for the detailed comment, I will transfer this information to our developers. Could you also check if your Prezi Next is 32 or 64 bit version? You should be able to see this in the name of the installer file that you have downloaded.

Could you also tell me if the error message comes up when you open the Prezi Next application or when you try to open a presentation from the desktop application?

Hi @Bart. It’s the same error as the original report. I can’t use the desktop app at all, it just pops up with the error. See attached screen shot.

Prezi download is: Prezi.Next-x64-1.27.2.0

Hi @Brandon_Condrey, thanks for the detailed information, I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Edit: I’ve spent a PM to you with further details.

I’m trying to reply straight from email instead of the prezi community so I can attach the dxdiag.txt file.

(Attachment DxDiag - 2.txt is missing)

Hey Bart,

My attachment was rejected by email. So please send an email address that I can send that file to. The older version works great. I was able to do an export for offline presenting late today, so that was great timing.

1 Like

I am also having this problem

Hey there,

so what’s the solution now?! Having the same parameters and the same issue. My concern ist that I need it urgently for may business this week!

Regards
FR

Hi @Alyssa_Hovland, @Florian_Rauhut, the fix for this issue should be arriving with the upcoming update of the desktop application. We will update this thread once it is released.

Until then, please uninstall the application and use the previous version you can download from here:
64 bit version
32 bit version

Hi! Same problem, unable to star due to DirectX requiriment although I comfirmed it´s right (windows surface pro 7, i5 2.6 GHz 64bit and latest Directx versión available).

I downloaded it from your link but still apears the same screen.

Is there any other solution. Needed it bad because I´ve got an important presentation to give at work…

Thaks!!!

Hi all!
A new release for Prezi Next desktop application is released with a fix for this issue. Please download the installer again from prezi.com :slight_smile: