Edit the path as in Prezi Classic

under_discussion
structure

My response to the infographic question was for an earlier release of Prezi Next. Since then they have added Zoom animation so you no longer need to work around the problem with invisible topics. Instead, put your infographic on the overview and add a Zoom to Area for each section of the infographic that you want to zoom to.

So, it’s been a year.

I’m playing with Next and I’m looking for the cool path navigation I could do in Prezi Classic.

Where are we at with these new features?

The super zooming capability really helps for some presentation styles and without precise control over zoom levels and rotation, Next really becomes just another slideshow.

So what’s the latest??

Thanks!

Will Prezi Classic be shut down soon?

@James_Saxon, I have merged your post the relevant thread with the discussion on the topic and some workarounds. Please see that the idea is currently labelled as ‘under discussion’. We’ll update the thread with any news.

Thanks Lana! I’m not clear though what this means. Where are the workarounds and discussion?

Good luck on the workarounds. We went back to Classic after wasting so much time (it takes 3-4X as much time to do a “path” in Next, and if you want to move something, plan on taking even more time) and still not being able to get a path like in Classic. Yes, Lana, we are NOT pleased at all that even after OVER A YEAR of this request we STILL have not had a single REAL update on this. . . .

@James_Saxon, I only meant that this is the thread with the discussion on the subject of path editing and the workarounds are presented in some answers above.

Ah ok. Thank you. It’s a shame that Prezi was so Adobe Flash centric. If only Adobe hadn’t just completely dropped the ball on making Macromedia’s original amazing tool render in HTML 5.

I learned how to use Prezi as a middle schooler nearly 8 years ago. Naturally, when I was planning a presentation where I wanted more freedom and a nonlinear ordering, I thought of Prezi.

Unfortunately, what I did not realize was that Prezi has managed to remove one of the features that made it unique. The ability to change perspectives by zooming in and out was pretty much the only thing that made me inclined to use Prezi over Powerpoint, or quite frankly even better, Google Slides. I am extremely disappointed in this and I hope the Prezi team will actually implement this. Clearly, there are many users that believe this feature is vital, and the workarounds frankly don’t cut it. I expect more from Prezi and firmly believe that if Prezi wants to remain a relevant and usable tool that the path editing feature needs to return.