Editing a video after uploading

I uploaded my first video to the Prezi site, but then I edited it more using the desktop app. I saved the new version on my device first, thinking I could then also upload it (replace the old version). But now I can’t find a way to export/upload it (replace the old version with the new version online). Is this possible?

Hello @Gerry_Yokota, as you have chosen to exclusively download the video in your computer, the file has been saved in mp4 format, and it’s no longer possible to upload it to Prezi.

To avoid this in the future, I can recommend you to save a draft of your video when you finishing to add the content. You can do so by closing the application, as explained here.

When reopening the app, you will be able to see the draft on the right side, select it and continue to further edit, record and upload it, if you wish. This way, you can guarantee that the content remains inside the platform.

Hope this could help! :slight_smile:

Thank you. It was not clear from the screen that this was a one-time-only either-or choice. It might save a lot of people a lot of grief if you could just add the word “Only” to the “Download” button.

1 Like

@Gerry_Yokota thanks a lot for the recommendation, we’ll make sure to transmit to our Product team!