Embed Matterport virtual tour into presentation

Any way to embed a virtual tour into a Prezi? From what I gather it is not possible but if someone knows of a way I’d appreciate the assistance.

Thank you.

Hey @Joseph_Hadac I can’t answer your question, sorry, but your post introduced me to this program- I looked it up since I hadn’t heard of it before. Very interesting!! So interesting that I sent the Matterport website link to some others at my company to see if there’s interest.

Wondering if you had a spare moment to describe how you use and your experiences with Matterport? Feel free to send in a private message on here if you wish. I’d love to know if it’s easy to work with & any other tidbits… Just anything you’d feel comfortable sharing! I guess my biggest interest lies in the ability to create a 3D tour of our business facility since we’re limited by Covid for in-person visits.

Thanks in advance, and I hope there’s a good reply from Prezi regarding the tie-in between Matterport & Prezi platforms in the meantime!

1 Like

I personally have not used it and have limited experience with it. The company that I work for had installed a floor in a facility that had one of these virtual tours done. We won an award for the installation and I wanted to embed the tour in our marketing material.

It can easily be embedded into a website using HTML or various plugins depending on what service you use (Wordpress, Wix, Medium).

I believe it can be done with a 360 degree camera. We have had one done at our facility years ago. It is not nearly as sophisticated as the Matterport one.

I’ve also seen it commonly used in real estate to show off a home/apartment.

Thank you for your interest and I hope that Prezi has an answer for me!

1 Like

Hi @Joseph_Hadac, this is indeed a powerful tool, thanks for bringing this to our attention!

While it is not possible to embed it into a Prezi Presentation, I’ve just tested it and it is possible to embed a fully functioning virtual tour into Prezi Design.

Prezi Design is another tool on our platform that lets you create infographics, reports, and basic slides. I would advise you to check this Matterport article about embedding a virtual tour.

Once you have an iframe code from Matterport, you can insert that to Prezi Design by clicking on the 3 dots on the left sidebar, selecting “iFrame” and pasting the code there. You can find further information about that here.

Please note, that the iFrame is not working in the editor, but if you open the Design project on its view page (that’s how your clients would check it), the embedded tour work just fine. :slight_smile:

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Bart,

Thank you for your time and effort, it is appreciated.

Joe

1 Like