Embed Prezi in KioWare Basic

Hello everyone!

I have been tasked with setting up a kiosk for an event that is coming up.  Everyone wanted a powerpoint that could be run in a kiosk.

However, I like Prezi much more than PP.  I am going to be using KioWare Basic for the kiosk if that makes a difference to anyone.

What I would like to do is embed the prezi full screen with no scroll bar or anything else available constantly on a, for example, 30 seconds per frame schedule and have it loop.

I am new to prezi and only used it once in class so any tips will be greatly appreciated! 

Oh, and please be gentle.  :slight_smile:

Jim

Hello Jim,

I am not familiar with this software although have used kiosk software before.  I think It depends on how you want to run the kiosk really - will the keyboard be isolated, touchscreen etc?  The controls should disappear on the Prezi until it is disturbed (mouse movement).

If it is just for viewing without interaction, you could run a portable Prezi in autoplay (say 10 secs intervals) and put 3 frames on to each area giving you 30 secs stays on each part of your content (3 x 10 secs) which would loop - you would have to set up fullscreen before running it (it is possible to use software to do this for you on a PC Autohotkeys (free) but this would need coding if you do this yourself). Search for autoplayer in this forum…

Another alternative is to screencast your Prezi (video capture it) and run this an the prescribed time - you could add effects and narration in a good video editor as well.

Hope this helps

cheers

John

Don’t forget that (if you haven’t already) you can upgrade your license to
get more features (own logo, privacy and more space for your Prezis -
http://bit.ly/1fzfJ0t

Hi John,
The plan that I am starting with is fullscreen with no interaction.

Thank you for the suggestion.  I will definitely give this a shot.  Thank goodness I have a couple months to work all of this out.  :slight_smile:

Jim

Hello Jim,

Ok good luck with it…

cheers

John