Embedded Youtube Videos not Playing

I’ve been unable to get the embedded Youtube videos in my Prezis to play. I’ve checked multiple prezis of mine dating back two years and the problem appears to be universal. Any chance I can fix this?

I’m using Google Chrome. I’m not sure if I have the latest version.

Here’s a link to the Prezi in question. Slides 13-14 are the relevant videos:

Hello, @Scott_Burns. We have checked the presentation through the link you have shared on our end using Chrome version 68.0.3440.106 (Official Build) (64-bit) and everything seems to work:

Could you please let us know how that link works for you?

Please switch to our Prezi Classic forum where you can find more information on the issue – for example, the suggestion linked below:

I am also having issues with current YouTube videos that are already embedded not playing. I’ve deleted them and reinserted them but they still won’t play. It just zooms in on the black box with the play button in the center but goes nowhere. What can I do?

Nevermind! I used the advice about going straight to ‘present’ from the dashboard and they worked fine. Thanks!

Glad to hear it works!

I am a teacher, and I often use prezi in my classroom. About a year ago, I created an entire unit using Prezi, with a video component used in almost every presentation. I am about to begin the unit again, but it seems that some videos are refusing to cooperate. Most presentations are fine, but the videos in the first presentation of the unit will not play, and remain static images, regardless of which browser I use, how many times I try re-entering the videos, or where I begin the presentation. All videos have worked fine, on multiple occasions, but seem unable to work now. The videos will also not work in other presentations, or in newly created presentations. Please help!!

Here is a link to the presentation: https://prezi.com/popkllyibko6/short-stories/

When the presentation first loads the video looks fine, and includes an image from Youtube. Then, the presentation seems to glitch and reload, after which the video appears as a static image

@Dustin_Glaseman - I tried your prezi on my Mac in Chrome and it worked fine. Does the YouTube video work outside of Prezi? Your school security controls might be blocking it.

Hello @Dustin_Glaseman, I merged your post with the relevant thread.

I investigated your presentations using Google Chrome version 70.0.3538.77 and all the videos seem to be working correctly in our end, except for the ones in the mentioned presentation.

Please, follow @Lana’s suggestion and check our Prezi Classic forum thread about this issue.

Let us know if you were able to play the videos afterwards.