Firewall-related issues and how to resolve them

Prezi is a web-based software, which means that depending on the device, the network and the browser you are using, some issues might occur that can be resolved by modifying certain settings. We collected the most common symptoms our users have experienced when using Prezi online, and provided some background information and possible solutions for them that you can find below.

What happens?

What can be causing these symptoms?

• Firewall or other security software running on your computer or even the network

• Ublock/adblock extension

• Hardware acceleration disabled in browser

What can be done to resolve these issues?

• Make sure that JavaScript, cookies, and pop-ups are allowed for prezi.com in the browser you are using

• Check that this is also the case with any firewall software, browser privacy add-on, or similar software that you may be running on your computer

• Make sure that pop-ups are allowed in your browser privacy add-on or firewall software for:
    *prezi.com
    *.prezi.com
    *.static.prezi.com
    *s3.amazonaws.com
    *.prezi.com.s3.amazonaws.com
    *prezi-a.akamaihd.net
    *preziusercontent.com
    *.preziusercontent.com
    *.cloudfront.net
    *.youtube.com
    *.prezicdn.net
    *.ytimg.com

• Disable the ublock/adblock extension (mostly in Firefox)

• Try connecting to a different network/consult the IT team if the issue happens in an office environment as the firewall settings may be applied throughout the whole network

What if these settings don’t help?

• Make sure your computer meets our system requirements. You might have been able to partially access Prezi with unsupported hardware earlier, but it is very important that you meet the minimum requirements to run Prezi today.

• If you’re having issues in Google Chrome, please enable “Use hardware acceleration when available” in Chrome’s system settings. To do this:

1. Open Google Chrome.
  2. Click Customize and Control Google Chrome > Settings.
  3. Click on “Show advanced settings” and scroll to the “System” section.
  4. Check “Use hardware acceleration when available” and restart Google Chrome.
  • Close any unused tabs to optimize your browser’s performance

• If you’re having issues on Mac, please try using Safari for Prezi Next.

Can't Sync My Prezi
I can't insert videos, neither images
"Make a Copy" of a Presentation not working
Can't edit pages within subtopic
URGENT: changer l'image de fond
Error al sincronizar
Unable to edit prezi
Error al sincronizar
Unable to edit prezi
[Closed] Content Gone
[Closed] Content Gone
Can't Sync My Prezi
When in edit mode, I am "offline" constantly
[Closed] Revert a presentation
I've lost all my presentations. Where did they go?
I cannot copy and paste images into Prezi
[Closed] Content Gone
Prezi Won't Let Me Type
Dashboard won't load in Chrome
When I want to choose a template, I get a “No results for this color selection” error message
Prezi won't load correctly
No confirmation email when I want to upgrade to an edu license
No confirmation email when I want to upgrade to an edu license
Can't Sync My Prezi
Recover Earlier Version (revert presentation)
Unable to edit prezi
Prezi won't load correctly
Super slow
Embedded Videos No Longer Playing
I've lost all my presentations. Where did they go?
Presenter Notes available for printing?
Sync issues - only yesterday's version showing in presentation list
Can't upload images, error code: UPLOADFAIL
Sync issues - only yesterday's version showing in presentation list
When I want to upgrade my EDU account, I get a "Server error"
Cannot insert videos in presentation
How to upload images in Prezi

This is the second day that I’ve been trying to make a simple prezi. Yesterday it took me 45 minutes to write 3 sentences because the presentations started by its own while I was writing or editing a picture or I was simply looking at the computer and not touching anything.
And then I had to wait for it to go back to edit mode, I couldn’t get there myself. And it kept doing that constantly. I would be in edit mode for few second and then it would start the presentation for a minute and then it would go to edit more again for couple of seconds.
The same thing was happening with the first prezi that I did a month ago.

Hello @Marija_Gudan, this problem is usually caused by a firewall or another security software running on the computer. Please consult this tutorial. I would also suggest making sure you’re using the latest version of a supported browser and that your computer meets the system requirements. You can read more about browsers and requirements here. If you need further assistance please feel free to reach out to me.

Thank you!

1 Like

hello
i created a presentation for my Msc. thesis and now i cannot edit it any more !!! and even the pages will not be seen when clicked unless i go to present button, i tried to clear the chrome content as advised for someone here but it does not work.
this the URL

https://prezi.com/p/xkykjkjvwi7t/bariatric/
please help me to fix this problem im really in a trouble

Thank you very much, the problem had been solved

1 Like

oh my god !!!
the problem solved for few days then appear again, how can i fix it in a way that this problem never appear???

im very disappointed

Hello @Nawal_Abduula, please make sure you are using the latest version of a supported browser and that your computer meets the system requirements. You can find the list of supported browsers as well as the system requirements on this page. I would also recommend checking if there is any firewall or security software running on your computer which could prevent you from accessing Prezi.

Thank you dear Sara, i will check

1 Like

So everytime i want to edit or work on a new template, a new window appears with error 404 i need help please how can i fix thissssssssssssssssssssssss

Hey @evesbby I checked and on my end everything seems to load well. If the issue persists, I would recommend to check your network and firewall settings, so I’ve merged your request to this thread.
Can you check Agnes’s reply above and try to troubleshoot accordingly?

Let us know :slight_smile:

I use Prezi Next one year, I am really excited about the new ideas, but… It isn’t working! Everytime I am trying to edit a Prezi the cloud-icon gives a pop up telling me that I am offline. I am not offline, I tried this on different wifi-connections (including one with 100mb/s d/u).
Adblockers already switched off but still doesn’t work((

Hi @Benjamin_Abdykassymo, I’ve merged your question to the relevant topic.

Could you please check the answers above? :slight_smile:

Hello, I cannot insert images as the option is greyed out. I have added all the domains to whitelist in adblocker and have tried on Google chrome with updated version as well as firefox and neither is working?! Very frustrating wasting time

Hi @Karis_Nevermann, could you please send us a full screenshot of the issue?

Could you tell me if you are on a Mac or a windows device?

Hello Bart

Here is print screen with options greyed out. I am using Google chrome with version Version 87.0.4280.141 (Official Build) (64-bit) on a microsoft surface 64bit operating system.

Thank you

Hi @Karis_Nevermann, it seems like the issue is coming from firewall related problems, so I’ve merged your question to the relevant topic.

Could you please check the answers above? :slight_smile:

Hallo, I fulfil the system requirements with a brand new i7 and Win 10 Home Laptop, but always get this installation error 1603. What can I do?

Hi @Sina_Weigel, I’ve merged your question to the relevant topic.

Please check my colleague’s answer above. :slight_smile:

Hi, I have put int these whitelisted domains and ad blocker is turned off on prezi and it’s still not working.