How can I rotate an image?

I’d like to tilt some images in my presentation, but can’t figure out how to do it. Can you help?

Suggested improvements for zooming, overview and loading

Sure. To rotate an image:

1. Click on the image to select it.
  2. Select the keyboard combination that works for your Operating System:
    Windows: ALTGr + drag corner or CTRL + ALT + drag corner (Windows 10)
    Mac: CMD + drag corner

For more info, check the Adding and editing images and Keyboard shortcuts articles in our knowledge base.

Make the most out of free subtopics
Presentation does not work correctly

This isn’t working for me. Selecting an image, then holding ALT and dragging the corner of an image up and down doesn’t appear to rotate it. I’m using a PC. I’ve tried on both Prezi Next and in Chrome. Is there a trick I’m missing?

If you selected the image and hold ALT (or CMD in Mac), when you hover to the corner of the image, an arrow with heads on both sides should appear. Then you should be able to rotate your image with your mouse.

This was giving me trouble yesterday as well. I found that I had to hold BOTH the Ctrl + Alt at the same time as pulling a corner in order to make it work. On a PC.

Thank you for the tips, we’ve also run some tests and it turned out that Right ALT (AltGr) can be used for rotation on Windows. I’ll update the original post with the right information, as well!

Ctrl + Alt is working. Thank you.

Rotation should really be more intuitive than this.

I’m trying to rotate shapes on my PC (with Chrome), but even while holding down the “Alt” button, I just can’t seem to do it.

@Jaden_Tapscott please see my illustrated answer above, I hope it helps!

That I did! Thanks! :grin:

That’s great news, you’re very welcome!

I keep trying to rotate my image but when I go to click and drag something keeps popping up, is there any other way for me to rotate the image ??

Are you using Mac or Windows? Could you please quote what pops up when you press CMD or CTRL + ALT while dragging the corner of the image?

This keeps popping up when i try to rotate.

Could you please try to hold the ALT on the right side (ALT Gr) while hovering over the corner? It should work with that as well.

It still doesn’t work

@ceasar_hernandez, could you please let us know whether you’re using Mac or Windows?

Windows sorry forgot to mention that

In that case, please do the following:

1. Left-click on the image to select it.
  2. Select ALTGr + drag corner or CTRL + ALT + drag corner (Windows 10).