How do I circle part of a picture?

I have a picture in my Prezi, and I would like to draw a circle around part of it. I can figure out how to draw a line, but not a circle; if I try and insert a shape, it adds a solid circle over the top, which is no good. So how do I just draw a circle?

Hello CTJ,

there are a few things you can do:

• draw a line and use the middle node to make it in to a semi complete circle - then duplicate it and rotate, then place it on top of the original to make a circle.

• use an image file - a transparent png file

• You could also use a circular frame. If it hasn’t already to get the transparent middle you will need to change the CSS code - http://bit.ly/1niSUSZ
    change the code to something like this:

frame.circle
{
    borderAlpha: 0;
    borderColor: #333;
    borderThickness: 3;
    gradEndAlpha: 1;
    gradEndColor: #318bff;
    gradStartAlpha: 1;
    gradStartColor: #318bff;
    padding: 1.03;
    thickness: 3;
}

You can change the colour and other bits with this code.

hope this helps

cheers

John
Don’t forget that (if you haven’t already) you can upgrade your license to
get more features (own logo, privacy and more space for your Prezis -
http://bit.ly/1fzfJ0t

I was looking for a solution like this, but I remember there was an option in the ‘frames and arrows’ section before. Why has that disappeared?

Agreed, Nathan. Prezi, you want us to bend two lines into semicircles, or edit cryptic CSS? Really, now – how hard is it to support a circle, Prezi? (as opposed to a filled disk) Reminds me of a certain database company that failed to provide an UPPER() (uppercase) function for ~a decade. (The company no longer exists.)

IMO, it’s not a ‘nice to have’, but a ‘must have’ feature for presentation software. I would personally expect it to be possible to add a circle or other shape as an extra layer over an image, to be able to animate it, like we can animate other elements in Prezi.

I sure hope this will be added and not just as part of the paid version, because -as said-  it’s a must-have feature. 

Trial run at Prezi = FAIL! And this is one of the many reasons.
Yeah, I happen to know how to make transparent png files because I happen to be a professional in a design field. But a CIRCLE? Come on, that should come standard. Leave transparent png’s for real artwork. Heck this text box is more versatile than Prezi’s user interface.