How do I stop automatic updates of the Prezi app?

I am using a somewhat older MacBook Pro (15-inch, mid 2010), running OS X 10.13.6.

It looks like the graphics card (NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M) does not support the most recent Prezi Next app.

The app automatically updates when I edit a Prezi while connected to the internet. The problem is that the updated app will not run on this laptop. Each time I connect the app and sync my presentation – to assure that I have a cloud-based copy that represents the latest state of the Prezi, the app automatically downloads the update. If I quit the Prezi app, then launch it again later, it opens in the updated version, then tells me that it won’t run on this computer.

I am overseas, away from my home base, for an extended sojourn. The only solution I have found to this problem is to delete the app each time this happens, then to re-install an earlier version from a Time Machine backup done months ago. This is cumbersome and annoying.

How in the hell do I prevent the Prezi Next app on my MacBook Pro from updating? (Other than remaining offline when using Prezi or never closing the Prezi Next app? Or deleting then reinstalling the app when it updates against my wishes.)

I have looked for options or preferences to set the app not to update. I can’t find any such thing.

This is maddening. Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks in advance.
-Robert

Hi @Robert_Daniel, I’m afraid what you’re asking is not possible. The application would update as soon as your computer is connected to the internet.

Thanks for the response. I’m grateful.

Of course, automatic updating is problematic when it renders the app non-functional on the computer where it resides. Too bad that there is no automatic check to verify that the computer meets the update’s system requirements before it downloads and self-installs.

Oh well.

Hello… i want to stop/disable auto update in may prezi desktop app. But in setting there is no check box for download updates automatically…how can i stop updating prezi? ?

Hello @Tanvir_Ahmed_Topu, I merged your post with the relevant thread. Please, check @Kata’s reply above :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi

Yesterday I had a FB LIVE and surprise… I had to update the version of prezi next so could use the APP.

My personal computer doesn have enough memory and my work one I need Admin access and I don’t have it.
What Can I do to continue using the previous version and also download the presentation/s I urgently need
Thanks

Hi @Nieves_Rodriguez, there is no way to go back to a previous version of the application I’m afraid. As soon as you download the application it will update - this is neccessary to be able to access all our latest features.

Downloading presentations is only possible through our application.