How do I use my phone as a remote?

Hi,

I just switched over from Keynote and am really pleased with the amount of presets etc. I already have the “plus” license so offline presentation should not be a problem.
My question now is:

When presenting, I have my iPad (10.5) hidden away connected to the HDMI-cable from the projector. In keynote I used my iPhone as a remote to control the presentation running on my iPad.
How can I do this with Prezi?
I already found a function that would do this, but only with desktop pc’s.

Is there a workaround?

Thank you

1 Like

Hi @Hendryk_Linn, I’m afraid phones and tablets can only be used as clickers when connected to a computer, please see the relevant article about the feature. Sorry for any inconvenience!

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. Is there a feature planned for the future?

1 Like

Implementing this feature is currently not on our roadmap but we agree that it would be useful indeed and will post any updates in this thread.

2 Likes

Please add it to your roadmap. To not be able to present on an iPad and click on an iPhone is quite frustrating. To not be able to edit on an iPad is quite intriguing too.

In fact, while viewing your YouTube videos on “presenting with iPhone or iPad”, I found that whoever writes from the Prezi account, has said “yes, it should work” to a question about presenting from iPad and clicking from iPhone. This is distressing to the maximum - to find out that the Prezi customer support doesn’t know what their app does or doesn’t do.

@esaruoho We are sorry for the misleading response on Youtube.

While it is indeed possible to connect your iPad to a TV screen and present from the tablet, you need a PC with the desktop application installed if you would like to use your phone as a clicker.

Hi! I have been trying to use my iPhone 7 as a remote for the past 35 minutes, and no success! Either the app says that the presentations do not match, try again; or unable to connect; or when it connects it shows a load screen and buttons, but nothing more. I have looked through manuals and am doing everything correct: laptop and the phone are paired via bluetooth. What else could be done?prezi

Hello @Oleksandra_Keudel1, please make sure your devices meet the system requirements mentioned in this article tutorial. Also I would recommend not pairing the devices via Bluetooth manually. Just make sure it is enabled on both devices and they should connect automatically. In case the problem persists please restart the devices and log out then back into your Prezi account. Feel free to reach out to me if you need further assistance, I’d be happy to help.

Hi - having a nightmare trying to do presentations on a large display using my android phone as a remote. It keeps disconnecting after every change in view and then takes an age to reconnect. Totally unusable as is, but should be such a great feature. Any help appreciated!

Hi @Tim_Salmon, welcome to the community :wave:
Could you please try the solution Sara mentioned above?

Please make sure your devices meet the system requirements mentioned in this article tutorial. Also I would recommend not pairing the devices via Bluetooth manually. Just make sure it is enabled on both devices and they should connect automatically. In case the problem persists please restart the devices and log out then back into your Prezi account.