How do I use my phone as a remote?

Hi,

I just switched over from Keynote and am really pleased with the amount of presets etc. I already have the “plus” license so offline presentation should not be a problem.
My question now is:

When presenting, I have my iPad (10.5) hidden away connected to the HDMI-cable from the projector. In keynote I used my iPhone as a remote to control the presentation running on my iPad.
How can I do this with Prezi?
I already found a function that would do this, but only with desktop pc’s.

Is there a workaround?

Thank you

Hi @Hendryk_Linn, I’m afraid phones and tablets can only be used as clickers when connected to a computer, please see the relevant article about the feature. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Thanks for your reply. Is there a feature planned for the future?

Implementing this feature is currently not on our roadmap but we agree that it would be useful indeed and will post any updates in this thread.

1 Like

Please add it to your roadmap. To not be able to present on an iPad and click on an iPhone is quite frustrating. To not be able to edit on an iPad is quite intriguing too.

In fact, while viewing your YouTube videos on “presenting with iPhone or iPad”, I found that whoever writes from the Prezi account, has said “yes, it should work” to a question about presenting from iPad and clicking from iPhone. This is distressing to the maximum - to find out that the Prezi customer support doesn’t know what their app does or doesn’t do.

@esaruoho We are sorry for the misleading response on Youtube.

While it is indeed possible to connect your iPad to a TV screen and present from the tablet, you need a PC with the desktop application installed if you would like to use your phone as a clicker.

Hi! I have been trying to use my iPhone 7 as a remote for the past 35 minutes, and no success! Either the app says that the presentations do not match, try again; or unable to connect; or when it connects it shows a load screen and buttons, but nothing more. I have looked through manuals and am doing everything correct: laptop and the phone are paired via bluetooth. What else could be done?

Hello @Oleksandra_Keudel1, please make sure your devices meet the system requirements mentioned in this article tutorial. Also I would recommend not pairing the devices via Bluetooth manually. Just make sure it is enabled on both devices and they should connect automatically. In case the problem persists please restart the devices and log out then back into your Prezi account. Feel free to reach out to me if you need further assistance, I’d be happy to help.

Hi - having a nightmare trying to do presentations on a large display using my android phone as a remote. It keeps disconnecting after every change in view and then takes an age to reconnect. Totally unusable as is, but should be such a great feature. Any help appreciated!

Hi @Tim_Salmon, welcome to the community :wave:
Could you please try the solution Sara mentioned above?

Please make sure your devices meet the system requirements mentioned in this article tutorial. Also I would recommend not pairing the devices via Bluetooth manually. Just make sure it is enabled on both devices and they should connect automatically. In case the problem persists please restart the devices and log out then back into your Prezi account.

Bonjour,

Dans Prezi Classic je peux utiliser mon cellulaire comme télécommande lors de ma présentation, pourquoi je ne peux le faire dans Prezi Next?

Bonjour @Meggie_Torresan, dans Prezi Next il faut que vous avez un plan Plus ou supérieur pour utiliser votre portable comme télécommande. Maintenant vous avez une license gratuite Basic. S’il vous plait, lisez cette article qui va tout expliquer.

Hi,

Please could someone talk me through how to use my iPhone as a clicker for my presentations.

I have Bluetooth connected and I have updated my profile to a pro licence, however I am still unable to use my phone as a clicker.

Help would be greatly appreciated!

Hello @Lewis_Plackett, I merged your post with the relevant thread. Are you trying to use your iPhone as a remote with Classic or Next presentations?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Dear Prezi Community,

I wish to use my Iphone as a remote control of my presentation. I’ve run all the step by step instruction:

• connect on the laptop (Dell XPS 13 with Windows) and click on “Prezi remote”, then “Connect”
  • the same on the iphoen click on the presentation in “Prezi viewer” then click on “Activate Remote” (as I’m french the exact translation may not be the same)
  • Bluetooth is on for both laptop and Iphone, but nothing going on.

Can someone help me to find out the solution?

Thanks you very much for you kind support.

Regards,

Sylvain.

Hi @Vince_Carter1, I’ve merged your question to the relevant topic.

Please make sure you do not have the two devices paired, and please also check if you have the latest Bluetooth driver installed on your laptop.

Hope this helps!

Bonjour,

J’ai le même problème que plusieurs personnes dans ce thread. J’ai un iPhone SE 2nd génération, et un Asus.
J’ai vérifié que j’avais bien la dernière version Bluetooth sur mon PC, et j’ai bien une offre Edu Plus.
Je suis sur Prezi Next, cependant je n’arrive pas à connecter mon iPhone pour qu’il serve de télécommande. J’ai bien vérifié que les deux devices ne soient pas appairés, mais que le bluetooth soit bien activé.

J’ai tout essayé, sans succès…

Merci par avance pour votre aide.

Hi @WesD and everyone!

Could you please try installing this update:

KB 5003254
June 8, 2021-KB5003254 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10, version 2004, Windows Server, version 2004, Windows 10, version 20H2, Windows Server, version 20H2 and Windows 10 Version 21H1

This is the one that made changes to the .NET framework we’re using.
If this is not sufficient on its own, please install the following updates as well:

KB 5004476
June 11, 2021—KB5004476 (OS Builds 19041.1055, 19042.1055, and 19043.1055)

KB 5003173
May 11, 2021—KB5003173 (OS Builds 19041.985, 19042.985, and 19043.985)

Bonjour @WesD et les autres,

Pourriez-vous s’il vous plaît essayer d’installer cette mise à jour:

KB 5003254
June 8, 2021-KB5003254 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10, version 2004, Windows Server, version 2004, Windows 10, version 20H2, Windows Server, version 20H2 and Windows 10 Version 21H1

C’est celui qui a apporté des modifications au framework .NET que nous utilisons.
Si cela ne suffit pas, veuillez également installer les mises à jour suivantes:

KB 5004476
June 11, 2021—KB5004476 (OS Builds 19041.1055, 19042.1055, and 19043.1055)

KB 5003173
May 11, 2021—KB5003173 (OS Builds 19041.985, 19042.985, and 19043.985)

Just a simple question. Why did you remove the smartest of all functions, the dealbreaker function, “Use as Clicker” from the Classic version, converted to the Next version. That is beyond wierd to me. This function eliminated so many issues with both clickers, bluetooth crap and all other issues imagined. You could just confidently, in any context explore you presentation in any browser on a computer, connected to a projector or TV on any company, stage or church, and know that you easily could just bring up your phone and remotely use it as a clicker.

Now when converted to Next, I no longer can. I have to bring either a bluetooth dongle or a clicker, install it to the computer on the particular stage im standing on, and hope that the range is enough from the computer to the stage, which it seldom is when we talk big stages or churches.

Is it really that hard to implement this awesome feature that you had in your previous version? Cos that was actually a dealbreaker function for me.

Hi @Simon_Simonsson, could you please detail a bit more why this feature is gone?

What happens if you are setting up your phone as a remote clicker following this article?