How to run Prezi on Windows 10?

Hello Vera,

I’ve got a similar problem. Got some downloaded prezis on a usb stick. They worked like a charm for years now but suddenly they won’t open anymore. Have tried to download my prezi on a new memory stick: same problem. Tried a simple test prezi (no images, short filename etc.): same again.
Strange enough, the problem only seems to occur on my Windows 10 computer. And when i open de prezi on the pc itself it works just fine. Only when i download, copy or extract the portable prezi on a stick it won’t play. Have tried it also on another windows 10 pc: same problem.
Bit frustrating…

Could you please help me out?

Best,
Ruben

Hello Vanda,

Thanks for your reply.
No, I don’t get any error messages. He just doesn’t run.
I’ve tried several methodes: putting the zip file on the usb and extracting it; extracting it on my desktop and copying it on the usb. Neither works. I didn’t put the zip file on the usb and extract it on the computer, though. Don’t see what good this will do???
For your information, I’ve used my downloaded prezi today on a desktop without windows 10: works perfectly. Seems that there’s some sort off compatibility problem with windows 10… Do you know something about that?

Best,

Ruben

I have this same issue.  I ran it on an xp vmware with no issues but I cannot run it on the Host Windows 10 machine.

Hello Vanda,

Thanks for your reply and suggestion. The workaround, though, is a bit difficult in my situation.
So I’m very interested in the results of your test.
Hope to hear from you and your team…

Thanks again!

Ruben

Hello Vanda,

Thanks for testing!
But like I wrote in my first reply, the problem isn’t that the prezi won’t run on the Windows 10 pc itself. The problem occurs only if you want to run your prezi from a memory-stick inserted in a Windows 10 pc without copying the prezi-files to the harddrive of the pc (with the way I use prezi it isn’t possible to copy it every time on a pc from an host). Did you and your team also tested if the prezi runs from an usbstick on a Windows 10 device? And no, the administrator option doesn’t work with this problem (had tried that already).

Hope to hear from you again.
Thanks again,

Ruben

Hello Vanda,

I’m experiencing a similar problem, however, in my instance, it is not possible for me to log in as an administrator to bypass security settings. Are there any other options available for me to run my portable prezi via USB on Microsoft 10?

Thanks,Yvonne