How to use a portable presentation

Another question on this- who can view a downloaded Prezi? Do they have to have the desktop software, and thus a Pro account to access it?

A downloaded presentation, also known as a portable prezi, is a standalone file that doesn’t require an Internet connection or a Prezi Next account to be viewed or presented. A downloaded presentation will come as either an EXE file for Windows or a ZIP file for Mac.

For further details, please check this article in our Knowledge Base.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Can’t open portable file for Windows

What are my options in using Prezi on a MAC? I’m a PC guy, tried and true. I know squat about anything MAC.
I volunteer in a corrections facility. They have a MAC connected to a projector I can use for classes. I’m not allowed to install any software. There is no internet access.

To start with, should I build the presentation in Prezi Next or Classic?

Is there any way to create a self-contained file that works in the MAC OS? Like the viewer and presentation bundle I can create for Windows?

tia

mm

Hi @Mark_Miller, I’ve merged your question to the relevant topic. :slight_smile:
You can export the same type of portable presentation for MAC as you do for Windows. I would advise you to check out my colleague’s response above.

I would also suggest you to use Prezi Next to build your presentations as it is our most up-to-date product.

On Prezi Plus when downloading a ZIP file does this open as an MP4 file or equivalent?

Hi @Ted_Thrower, I’ve merged your question to the relevant topic. :slight_smile:
The portable presentation is exported as an executable self-contained application.
In the case of Windows, it is an exe file and in case of MAC, it is a portable file.

Hope this helps!

A friend of mine gave me this prezi.exe file but i don’t know how to run it on mac (windows and mac incompatibility) i tried using wine to run it but it didn’t work .Is there any way to convert this file into a mac compatible one.

Hello @el_haddad_mouad, I merged your post with the relevant thread. When your friend exports the presentation, he should select the Mac option and send that file to you (it will have a ZIP format). You can check this article with more details on how to do so.

Hope this could help! :slight_smile:

I have been using the basic version of Prezi for a while now. I am on the verge of deciding to go for an upgrade, but there is one small confusion regarding the format of the downloaded presentation. Based on my research, I found out that the downloaded version is saved in FLV or a similar format.

I am aware of Adobe closing down its flash player service by the end of this year. Could you please enlighten me as to how Prezi is looking to cater this format related issue? This would be vital information for me if I am to opt for an upgrade.

Hello @Vishnu_Divyam, I merged your post with the relevant thread. Please, check the reply above :slight_smile:

Hi, May I know if prezi we can download the presentations after presented and can it be done as an offline presentation. Help is much appreciated.
Thank you.

Hi @nurul_inaas, I’ve merged your question to the relevant topic.
Please check the answer above. :slight_smile: