How to zoom out to overview?

HI I am new to Prezi next
I want to incorporate zoning back out to my overview page each time a complete a topic
Can you please explain how I can make this happen?
I have spent all weekend on this but nothin I try seems to work
I am thinking this must be me because it is such a basic eduational need
Please help me to resolve this
Thank you so much
Cliff Battley
Clinical Psychologist

Hello @Cliff_Battley, Prezi automatically zooms out to the overview between topics, this is an automatic animation. It is only not possible to zoom out to the main topic between subtopics currently.

It does not automatically zoom out to overview!!! :confounded:

Hi @Sofia_Olsson, could you please send us a view link to the presentations where this zooming out doesn’t happen? I’m happy to take a look at it.

I started using Prezi recently and I have to say that it is the most user unfriendly presentation software on the market. As this this thread describes one of the many problems I have encountered and I can see that nothing has been done since 2017, I cannot justify wasting so much time trying to figure out how to navigate Prezi’s many problems (even harder with a constantly offline chat support window). It’s a shame too, because the end results are outstanding. I just don’t have the time.

Hi, I also would like to have the feature to zoom out between two subtopics, cause the audience could follow better when the see at what point we are now.
As I see this feature was ask more than a year ago and it is still not implemented. this is a little bit sad for a paid software.
Hope it will come as soon as possible.
But except of that, I really like Prezi and it is a very cool tool.

1 Like

Good god, I ditched prezi a year ago this being one of the main issues.
What a shame.

Hello community, we are glad to let you know that our development team is currently working on this feature! As soon we have any updates, we will let you know :slight_smile:

This is beyond the most ridiculous thing I’ve ever seen. Poor Sara has replied 17 times over the span of 2 years and STILL NO CHANGES despite 4-5 people saying that they have left prezi over the lack of this feature.

PREZI - FIX THIS! I don’t know how many people need to request this. WE ARE ALL GOING TO LEAVE.

THE ABILITY TO ZOOM BACK OUT TO YOUR OBJECTIVES IS A MUST.
LISTEN TO YOUR USERS PREZI.

Hello @Stephen_Schalk, as I have mentioned in the previous reply, this feature is currently in the development phase and soon as we have any updates we will post it here :slight_smile:

Dear Catarina,

thanks for the feedback. Any estimation whether an implementation within Q1 is feasable?

Hi all,

Thank you for your incredible patience, I understand how frustrating this must be.
We have implemented a capability with which you can customize your camera path a little: you can set whether you want to return after each subtopic to the subtopic overview or not, and the same for topics and the overview. This feature is now being tested to make sure we don’t cause any trouble - as we are changing some of the very basics or prezis.
Hopefully you can try it out yourself in a couple of weeks.

Best,
Zsuzsa

1 Like