Hybrid option for Path Settings

Can we request new features here? I often find that in the middle of giving a presentation, I like Path Setting Option 1 - “Overview Topic Path” as it helps you provide a big picture focus and sense of how everything connects to attendees. However, with the very last topic of an entire presentation, I would like to have the Path Setting Option 2 - “Subtopic Path” option available. Meaning, after getting to the end of the final topic, I’d like to go all the way back to the Parent rather than having to retrace the steps backwards out of that final topic.

1 - Is there currently any way to do this? And if not, 2 - Can we put this in developer queue to possibly add some sort of hybrid version? Perhaps we could set the end of each topic to either follow option 1 or option 2 as the presenters needs/preferences may change from topic to topic.

Thanks.

1 Like

Hello @Jonathan_Ross, thanks for the feedback on this. I’ll make sure to forward it to our product team.

As a workaround, you could use “fake topics” by adding Zoom Areas. With this, you should have more flexibility on how your transitions work. Hope this helps!

Thanks @Bart. Appreciate the link to fake topics. I’ve used some fade in/out strategies for different images and text here and there. I’m not 100% clear on how to use a zoom area to move from the last sub-topic of the last topic all the way back to the initial screen for the “closing” of a presentation, but I’ll try the next time I am creating. In the meantime, it would be great if we had that as a feature option when choosing the path settings so it is not all one way or all the other way.

1 Like