Hyperlinks

not_planned

Is there a positbility to create a hyperlink in the presentation?

Link/Upload PDFs

I’m afraid hyperlinking is not available at this time, but you can insert links.

Where can I insert links?

If you copy and paste a URL, it should work as a hyperlink when presenting.

If you haven’t already, please add this to needed features. I would love to use this in almost every presentation for either an email, or a link to a document.

How do I add hyperlinks to my Prezi Next presentation?!

Okay, but can I actually edit the link to make it more user friendly instead
of having the big ugly link?

Not at this time, @Megan_Reinle. Sorry for the trouble.

I’d suggest using a link shortner for the links that especially long something like tinyurl

This is a very important topic, the Prezi I am working on is regarding accessibility and I just recommended not using the URL, and now I have to use the URL to link them to Accessibility tools. I can use a url shortener, but it is still not the BMP

The ONLY solution that I’ve been able to find for this is the following:

• Insert a text box that displays the text you would like your viewers to see
  • Ensure that this text box has been moved “to front”
  • Create another, separate textbox that contains the hyperlink that you’d like to use during your presentation
    • Ensure that your text in the second is the same color as the background and not the same color as the text used in
      your first textbox
  • Reduce the size of your second text/text box
  • Place the reduced text/textbox in an area that is close to the first textbox so that this second textbox serves as a type
    of clickable “hotspot” that can be activated during your presentation.
    I know it’s a lot of steps but, it’s the only workaround I’ve been able to find that alleviates the need for the uber-long url…

Hi ive had a bit of success with using tiny url - using tinyurl means that i can edit the name of a link - i have then blanked out the first half of the link by making it the same colour as the background of the slide. tinyurl puts a hyphen in between each word which i have also blanked out doing the same thing

example: (Link made from tinyurl): https://tinyurl.com/Project-Managers-Network
my slide has a purple background - i make the first part of the link and the hyphens purple also so the viewer only sees Project Managers Network which they click on

Add a Shape that is not clickable

@Prezi team
Seriously, this feature has been requested by many users over 2 years ago from Prezi classic and still it’s not done? This is such a basic piece of functionality that everybody expects it for an online presentation tool. Common. Are you trying to upset your loyal user on purpose? Every static object placed on in the presentation should be linkable.

Hi, @Kiril_Okun. We make sure to pass feedback such as yours to the responsible team. As this functionality is not available at the moment, please check the answers above for a workaround. I am sorry for any inconvenience.

Hi Lana. Yours is exactly the same response that had been posted to the previous threads for the last several years with no result whatsoever. So not much value here. What would be really valuable is to follow up with the product team managers and give us the expected date for this feature. The fact that’s it wasn’t included in Prezi Classic and is still missing from Prezi Next is as bewildering as it is disruptive.

I understand your frustration and I understand how useful the option could be. But please know that the forum staff discloses all the information we can on this forum and we do make the announcements right away. Once we have any kind of update on hyperlinks, we will share it in this thread.

The only thing i have to add is the call to all other Prezi users to express your urgent need for this basic feature and your frustration at the fact that despite years of requests we are no closer to even knowing when it will be added.

I am very surprised this feature doesn’t exist yet. Please add it asap, we need it for every single presentation!

I absolutely need this feature too, and am surprised that it isn’t possible. Or am i misinformed? Prezi used to have the simple “insert/hyperlink” option. Why not Prezi Next?