Import Prezi Classic presentations into Prezi Present

Yes, you can import an old .pez file for Prezi Next. I just figure this out by myself. I worked with Prezi Classic Desktop for many years. One of the advantages of the old Prezi Classic system is that the presentation could be exported as a .pez file for storage in users’ own folders. This allowance for local presentation is quite convenient for old-age users like me.

To import an old .pez file into the new NEXT platform:
(1) Run Prezi Classic app
(2) Import the .pez file you want into the “local presentation” page
(3) Click on that file icon with three bars and choose the “Move to synced presentations”.
(4) Wait, wait, wait, it takes several minutes…(the file will automatically synced to the cloud)
(5) Now open your Prezi Dashboard. Here you can see your old file there!! Congratulations!
(6) Click on the pencil icon of the file, in the pump out page choose “Create a copy & Edit in Prezi Present”.
(7) Now you can enjoy the features of the new Prezi Next platform!

Hi @Cher-wei_Liang, thanks for the detailed instructions on this method.

Please note that this only works if you have access to the Prezi Classic desktop application that we do not offer anymore due to the discontinuation of the Classic platform.

Hi there,

I have created some very large presentation with Prezi Classic years back. I never used Prezi Next. Now I wanted to edit one to create a new Prezi and it was converted into a Prezi Present format and I renamed.

However, when I try to edit it and a new tab opens, it starts loading and the progress wheel fills up to about 5 o’clock and never progresses further and I get an error message from my browser about a website slowing it down.

I am using Firefox on a Macbook Air from 2013, OS X El Capitan.

Could it have something to do with the support for Adobe Flash having ended?
Or is Prezi Present unable to handle large presentations or certain features from Classic?

Any help appreciated! (For the current purpose of giving a high-level talk on Thursday, it would be great if someone can help quickly…)

Many thanks,
Sabine

P.S. I find it pretty annoying that so many functions (e.g. download for offline presentation) and even the help desk is only available now when you pay…

Hi @Sabine_Gabrysch, I’ve merged your question to the relevant topic.

Could you please login to your Prezi account in a Google Chrome incognito window and try it there?

You can open an incognito window in Google Chrome by pressing CTRL + SHIFT + N on a Windows PC or CMD + SHIFT + N on a Mac.

If this helps, then I would advise you to clear your cache by pushing CTRL + SHIFT + DEL (or CMD + SHIFT + DELETE on a Mac). Please make sure you select “All Time” in “Time Range”.

After this, it should work fine.

Please let me know if this does not help and please send me a link to one of the converted presentations that are having issues loading.

Hi Bart, thank you for your quick response!
I now installed Google Chrome and tried the incognito mode idea it but it did not help. I also cleaned my cashe in Firefox nevertheless and that had no effect either.
Here is a link to the presentation I am trying to edit:

It works fine to present it, just when I click on edit, it does not load properly.
Cheers,
Sabine

Hi @Sabine_Gabrysch, thanks for the link. Is this the only presentation that you are experiencing this issue with?

I’ll get back to you once we have any news about a fix.

I’ve 4 presentations from 2014 that doesn’t work at all. I click on Play and the presentation keeps loading. How do I do to restore them? I’ve tried to covert them to “Prezy Present”, but it didn’t work.

Hi, @Fernando_Bur I have merged your post to the relevant thread.
I have checked in our system and it looks like the presentations that you were trying to convert have no content inside, which is why the conversion was unsuccessful.

Hi Petra_B
That’s right, they’re empty. I don’t know why.

Thanks!

Hi @Fernando_Bur, do you have a specific presentation that you are looking for?