Inserted PDF has the same background as the slide. Why?

When I insert a PDF into a Prezi Next presentation (using Insert - Image) the PDF goes in fine, but it has the same background colour as the slide. Is there a way around this?

Cheers

If that happens, it means you are inserting it as a “text PDF” and not an “image PDF”. A way to see if you have “text” vs “image” PDF is that if you can copy and paste the text out of the PDF file then it is a “text PDF”. We can suggest saving the PDF as “PDF Image only” format to have the white background when inserting it into your presentation.

Hey there everyone!

I’m including pdf text docents in my prezi. Sometimes they have a white background as they are supposed to and sometimes the background is transparent which makes the text really hard to read. Any idea how to change this?

Big Thanks!

@F_T, I have merged your post into a relevant thread. Please see the suggestion above, I hope this helps.

1 Like

Can you explain how to convert a “text PDF” into a “PDF Image only”?

Hello @Frank_Lohse, would you like to convert it to a read-only PDF? You can do so using this tool.

Thank you, that does the trick. Althoug files get huge. My 2 MB-file became 52 MB. Also I don’t like to upload my files. My question was relating to Lanas post. Any other suggestion?

Hello @Frank_Lohse, you’re also able to do so inside Adobe, please check this article on how to do it :slight_smile:

Hello,

You need to convert a PDF text to a PDF image with a conversion tool like CloudConvert. In CloudConvert, you will select your PDF text and convert it to JPG. Now you should have a white background.

2 Likes