Issues with Presenter notes

When typing up presenter notes, it’s as if my keyboard is broken (which it is definitely NOT). I have to strike down extremely hard to type certain letters which is frustrating. Additionally, you can’t copy and paste your notes without it looking like this: “…has always pointed in that direction**. **” I have no idea why “&#10” appears out of the blue?? You also can’t type notes within the title page without those same notes appearing every time in the presentation when it goes back to the overall title page. I hope this is making sense.
Thanks for the help.
Sue

0 Likes

Presenter Notes Issue

Hello @Sue_Goldman, we are very sorry for the difficulties you have experienced, the development team is aware of the issue and is currently investigating it.

Could you tell me if this happens to all of your presentations or just one and could you send me the link of the presentation where you have been experiencing this problem? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

Hi Agnes,
I’m only working on this one Prezi, so I’m unsure if it happens elsewhere. Here’s the link: https://prezi.com/p/3akc-jdr4p7b/

Sue Goldman
Principal
Gale Ranch Middle School
925-479-1500

“Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness.” -Lucius Annaeus Seneca
[/Users/sgoldman/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_1088263969]

0 Likes

Thank you, it indeed seems like the issue is only connected to certain presentations so I’m forwarding the link to the development team and they will look into it!

0 Likes

Hi Agnes,
The app is NOT working. I paid for the upgrade and my presentation doesn’t load. I’ve tried multiple fixes, to no avail. The web edition works, but that one doesn’t have presenter notes. This is SO frustrating.

Sue Goldman
Principal
Gale Ranch Middle School
925-479-1500

“Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness.” -Lucius Annaeus Seneca
[/Users/sgoldman/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_1740789868]

0 Likes

I’m really sorry for the difficulties. Could you provide us with the system and technical specifications of your computer and possibly a screenshot of this issue? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

I have the same problem
please I need help
Thank you

0 Likes

OMG, I am SO frustrated with Prezi and the system to report issues. I have a Keynote presentation in March and I have spent 30+ hours on this Prezi. If this is not corrected I will seek legal counsel, as I believe Prezi is stealing my money for the upgraded version I purchased.

This is the third and final email I will send about this today. Because I cannot attach more than one screenshot (I DO NOT understand this rule) I will detail my computer’s OS below:

MacBook Pro
macOS High Sierra, Version 10.13.6
Processor: 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 8GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Graphics: Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 MB

Sue Goldman
Principal
Gale Ranch Middle School
925-479-1500

[/Users/sgoldman/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_271619147]

0 Likes

I am truly sorry for all the difficulties, please try to reinstall the app and see if the issue still persists.

This black screen is usually the symptom of a firewall blocking the software, however, if everything works well online, this might not be the case. However, I’d still recommend you to test a different network and even a different computer if possible.

Please know that your subscription also includes the option to use the in-editor support chat if you need immediate help where you can share several screenshots and my colleagues can investigate and resolve issues more efficiently.

0 Likes

Thank you Agnes. I will do that.

Sue Goldman
Principal
Gale Ranch Middle School
925-479-1500

[/Users/sgoldman/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_466854413]

1 Like

Hello @Agnes, maybe it can help you: this happens to all of my presentations I have ( I have 22 presentations in Prezi Next)

When do you think this will be restored?

0 Likes

@Marketing_Cosmo Are you experiencing the glitchiness with the presenter notes or the black screen issue in the desktop editor?

0 Likes

Exact same problem with Presenters notes - it adds " &#10" after about every sentence making it almost illegible.

Any update on when this will be fixed?

0 Likes

We are very sorry for the inconvenience, the development team is aware of the issue and they are currently investigating it.

Could you tell me if it affects all of your presentations or just one in particular + send us the version number of the app you are using? Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

@Agnes The glitchiness with the presenter notes.

1 Like

Our presentation has the same issue with the maddening adding of

<---- this is copy/pasted &#10: <------this is typed (WTH!?)

in the presenter notes! Even when removing them and then closing/reopening they are back.

We have had several presentations do this. IN FACT when I copy/paste the erroneous text here in this forum and save my response they disappear from the text!!! Is this a programming language issue?

0 Likes

@Jeremy_Butler We are really sorry for the inconvenience, the development team is already examining the issue and since it affects an increasing number of user presentations, we’ve been informed that they are prioritizing the fix.

We’re going to post any updates in this thread as soon as the fixed desktop app version is released.

0 Likes

I am having significant problems with the presenter notes feature.

1. The first time I spent hours adding presenter notes, then saved the Prezi. When I opened the Prezi again later, all the notes had disappeared.
  2. Every time I add a line in presenter notes to break up my points, when I go back in to the presentation, it has substituted every line for < >

What can I do to avoid these issues please?

0 Likes

Hi @Oliver_Finlay, I merged your post into the relevant thread.

Could you share the link of the presentation with us so we can take a look? There is a known issue with the presenter notes that is currently being investigated and the fix will be released soon and although this exact issue has not been reported yet, it is highly possible that this is also connected to this bug.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused, I’ll post an update in this thread as soon as the issue is fixed.

0 Likes

Dear Agnes. I/ve the same problem with the “&#10” character, who delete the spaces from each sentence. It result illegible.

¿When the fix is comming up?

0 Likes