License requirements for desktop app

Hey everybody.

We are currently creating a presentation for one of our clients and we may have reached a dead-end.

We recommended them to download the desktop app to show their colleagues the user interface, but apparently the desktop app requires paid licence.

What I need to know is, do they need the paid licence only for Mac or for Windows as well now? And if we create their presentation in Prezi Classic and share it with them, can they both present and edit it?
As far as I know, new users do not get access to Prezi Classic now, but at least we need to give them those presentations.

Thank you very much for your response.

Hello @Crea_Vision, the desktop application is indeed a paid feature, both for Windows and Mac.

You (or your clients) need a Plus / Edu Plus or higher license to access it on Prezi Next, or Pro / Edu Pro or higher on Prezi Classic.

You can share Classic presentations for editing with Next account holders as well, they will receive a Classic Pro Minus license which is used for collaborating, they will be able to edit or present the presentation but they won’t be able to create new presentations in Classic. This only applies to editing presentions in the web browser as for the desktop application they will still need a paid license (Pro / Edu Pro).

Hope this helped :slight_smile:

Hi, @Sam, that actually answered my question. Thank you very much :slight_smile:

1 Like