Local presentation with the Prezi Next desktop application

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your feedback and the feature request. This feature has already been in discussion with the product team and has been added to the backlog for future development.

However, please be aware that whilst we wish we could do it all since 2020 and the COVID pandemic we are fully focused on making the Prezi Video experience as good as possible and have to prioritise feature development and product improvements accordingly. Therefore I don’t have an exact date of when this might be expected.
Thanks again for caring and giving us your valuable feedback.

+1 for this feature - Very necessary for business users.

Is there a way to turn off automatic sync from my PreziDesktop? I need to create a confidential presentation and do not want it uploaded to my cloud account.

Hello @Esra_Abduljawad, the presentations are automatically synced with your online account once you connect to the Internet, and it is not possible to change this. As a workaround you can create a presentation in the desktop app offline, download the presentation, and delete it from your account before going back online. However, please note that in this case you would not be able to edit the downloaded presentation anymore.

Hi Prezi!

Since you replied a year ago that you will focus on other stuff, let’s revive this topic: will Prezi Next offer to create, store and edit offline presentations in the near future as was possible with Prezi Classic?

Everybody is begging for this feature and Prezi just does not implement it… It makes me wonder why. I guess it has to do with some unmentioned business model. What do you do on your servers with our presentations that you so desperately force Prezi users to use your cloud (that does not even have 2FA so basically everybody with username & password has access)?

1 Like

I’m already regretting subscribing to prezi after 3 years only to find the new app unable to keep real offline data away from the cloud. That makes Prezi nearly unusable for me for important presentations.

I don’t care how secure Prezi servers are, in a regulated environment I’m simply not allowed to keep the presentation data in the cloud. Without this feature, it’s just a toy for me.

Of course Prezi doesn’t have to change its company policy/strategy just for me, I just won’t be a subscriber anymore.