my prezi which includes many images crashes when I save it as a portable prezi and I want to open it. please help

Hello arezoo mousavi,

now that you have downloaded the Prezi, if you look in the \content\data\repo folder of the Prezi you will see the images and other content for your Prezi - if you look for the image dimensions you should see those which are over the recommended 2880 x 2880 size for an image (there may be many of them in your Prezi).

I would suggest making a copy of the portable Prezi and experiment by removing some of the larger images (you will get warnings for missing objects but it should still work) - once you establish which images are the cause of your problem if you can you should go to the original ‘online’ Prezi and if it allows you to edit change these images for smaller size ones.

Having lots of large images / content can also cause problems with playing your Prezi on some computers if there is not enought memory on the system - try closing other programmes which may be running in the background.

hope this helps

cheers

John

dear john
thank you for your complete answer but the problem is I have done all u’ve told me before. there is no image with dimension more than 1500*2000 .I have noticed that when I get the properties from all the images in repo folde and it’s above 53megabyte it crashes! but it doesn’t seem rational! is there any limit for the size of content in repo?
regards

Hello arezoo mousavi,

sometimes it is the combination of all your images and content combined that can cause memory problems and crash the your system (this may depend on your systems memory / RAM) - are you able to share a link or name to the Prezi onine?

As an experiment you could move all the larger images to a temporary folder to see if the Prezi will indeed start - also, if on a PC check the names of the image files in the folder and look for ’ - ’ or ’ ? ’ or similar in the filenames and remove these images temporarily to see if it will load the Prezi

cheers

John

Dear John,
I’m helpless!!
I don’t have any picture more than 800k and 2000*1500 pixel.
I work local and I can’t send any link.
there are 120 images in repo.
when I delete some images the portable prezi works properly but I can’t delete them for the presentation.
regards

Hello arezoo mousavi,

these are still quite large, if you have a lot of images like you do and they are of that sort of size, it is possible to use up memory very quickly.  A few things you can try:

• if you can try use another computer - (more RAM and a faster processor)
  • Make the images smaller, especialy if you do not have to zoom in closely during the presentation - put them back in when you are editing the original Prezi before you download to portable (change image).
  • you could try resizing the images that are in your repo folder and keeping the same names but this may change the layout of the Prezi - worth a try though.
  • If you have any .swf files in the Prezi change them to .png files as a lot of large swf files can quickly use up resources.
  • same with video, if you have a lot of video clips in your Prezi you should try to reduce their size to save memory.

hope this helps

John