Navigating through a presentation in Present

Hello,

I was considering using Prezi to capture a family tree for an upcoming reunion. I like that I can create a big elaborate tree which is mostly illegible when viewed altogether but then zoom/pan through it to show people the details.

It would also be ideal if someone could, looking at the high level layout…sort of freeform explore it by zooming in on specific items or areas/collections of items and then moving around from there. Is this possible? Or is it more like a traditional presentation where you are expected to develop a sequence/flow and just click play?

Hello @Michael_Coldsmith_Br, Prezi will automatically zoom into your topics and subtopics in the order you create in the left panel, and to navigate through the presentation you can use the arrows at the bottom of the screen or your keyboard arrows. However from the overview you can also click on and open/zoom into any topic or part of the presentation, and from there you can use the keyboard arrows to either go back to the overview or to the next topic. If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us, we’ll be happy to help.

After upgrading to Prezi next, I see in presentation mode that now there is no way to use the slider at the bottom to move about the prezi. You just start at the beginning and have to navigate one slide at a time. So there is no way to jump to a slide, or if you’re a teacher picking up where you left off to say “start at slide XYZ” because there are no numbers to use to jump around. How are we supposed to have kids navigate presentations on their devices, and how am I supposed to get where I need to be each period instead of hitting forward and back in my 200+ slide prezis that are embedded in my LMS pages?

The only place I see it is when you go into edit mode and then click present. My kids cant do that, so what am I supposed to tell them to do?

Hello @Sean_Kasak, I merged your post with the relevant thread.

In Prezi Present there are several ways to navigate through a presentation: you can select any topic you want to open if you click on them using your mouse, as you can see in this example, or you can choose a more linear approach as you described, using the arrows in the presentation or the ones in your keyboard.

There are also two other buttons to help you navigate, located on the right side, home (which will directly take you to the overview), and arrow (that will take you to the previous level).

Hope this could help, and please let us know if you have further questions!

Catarina,

Thank you for the response, but that setup in no way helps navigate through my linear presentations. I’m wondering why you don’t have the slider at the bottom to be able to see numbered slides and jump to them. My students and I have no way to quickly move around the Prezi as we did with Prezi Classic. Is there anything else that can be done or will there be an update to add the slider? These are giant Prezis that took dozens of hours to create so I cannot and will not recreate them in Prezi Next, so right now I can only use Prezi Classic until it can no longer operate.

The classic format gives you this ability, and it is headscratching how this is not available. Teachers who use this for larger units have several slides that are used over several days, such as how I have over 200 slides for this Prezi for a 2 week unit. My kids (nor I) have no way now to pick up where they left off nor can I quickly direct them to where we are at because there is no slider with slide numbers at the bottom such as how classic has it depicted below. I hope that this will be added in the near future otherwise I feel I can’t make the switch to Prezi Present.

Slider

Thank you so much for the thorough feedback @Sean_Kasak, but the slider with numbers is also available with Prezi Present. I have tested opening a presentation in an Incognito window (to check how your students might see it if they simply open a view link), and you’re able to jump to the slide number you wish, just like in Classic. This option is also available when you simply set your presentation to Present. Please check this video example about it.

Could you test this with one of your presentations and let us know if it’s available for you?

Hope to hear from you soon!

I have tested it while both logged in as well as with an incognito window. It is not present with Present, only with classic. I’ll spare you the video/gif of me going to the bottom of the presentation to prove it. I am using a chrome browser. I’m not sure what to do from here.

@Sean_Kasak can you send me the title of one of these presentations so we are able to investigate it, please?

Here you go: https://prezi.com/p/kmye234ysign/?present=1

Here is a video of how it looks on my end. Starts with Prezi Classic, then Prezi Present, then Prezi Present in an Incognito Window.

Thanks a lot @Sean_Kasak, I was able to confirm exactly the same you have reported, it seems like that in the converted Classic presentations the slider with numbers is not displayed.

I will forward these informations to our development team, and I’ll get back to you as soon as we have any news about it!

In addition, I’d also like to thank you for noticing and reporting this, as this kind of feedback is extremely valuable for us in this transition period :slight_smile:

Thank you. I hope it can get sorted out soon as if it is due to the conversion from classic to next then there are going to be a lot of teachers who can’t use this effectively, and it also impacts the purpose of embedding it as well. Hopefully an update will fix it as soon as possible.

Thank you for your help. I look forward to seeing the issue resolved.

1 Like

Good morning,

Its been a few weeks so I’m just checking in to see if there is any update or timeline for this issue being fixed. Hoping there is some sort of update.

Thanks,

Sean

Hello @Sean_Kasak, our development team is aware of this and they’re already working on it! :slight_smile:

I’m bringing all of my presentations from Prezi Classic to Prezi Present (ugh!).

I’ve always loved Prezi, but now I’m missing a major feature: the ability to “jump” or “skip” ahead when presenting. I need to be able to skip to a different section of my presentation, and continue from there, when needed.

In Prezi Classic, this was no problem. I’d use my mouse to click on a frame in the canvas and zoom to it. Then, using the forward arrows would continue along the path/animations from there.

In Prezi Present, there seems to be no way to do this without clicking through each and every point along the path. Is there no way to skip ahead?

Thanks for any help you can provide! I’m hoping there’s an easy solution here for years and years of presentations that already exist.

Hello @Prof_EC, I merged your post with the relevant thread.

You should be able to click on any of your content and “jump” directly to it, as shown in this example. Could you tell us if you are able to do so?

This is not what happens for me. I can use my mouse to “jump ahead” and zoom to a section of my presentation, but then when I click the forward arrow, to navigate from there, instead it snaps me back to the last point at which I pressed the forward arrow and requires that I navigate through each and every animation. Does that make sense?

@Prof_EC could you please send me the title of the presentation so I can investigate this?

It happens with all of my presentations. Here is a link to a quick video of what I experience.

(I think my presentations are private. If you need a link to one is there a way for me to message you privately?)