Open an existing pez file on my hard drive

Hi. I created a number of pez files some years ago. I find I am in need of viewing these files now. I have downloaded the Press Classic App and have paid to join as a basic member but can not find a way to open my existing pez files. How can I do this?

Hey @Bill_Chameides I’ve modified your license to include the Pro license which gives access to the Prezi Classic license. Can you try to log in again?

After logging in you should be able to import them via File -> Import.
Let me know if you have any other questions :slight_smile:

Sam,

Thanks that worked!

Bill

1 Like

Hi, Sam,
I have the same problem - my newly acquired Prezi Next does not imports the old PEZ files…
Please, help me!

Hi @Arpad_PETER, I’ve updated your license, it should be able to import your PEZ files now. :slight_smile:

Hey Bart. I seem to be having the same problem. I would really like to have access to my old presentations as they are medicine based and as a med student in last year i could get some photos of my patients that i used in the .pez presentations i created all over the years. But prezi next wouldn’t let me import any of them. You would be of tremendous help if i could get access to prezi classic even for a day as i save and export all my old presentations. Best regards!

Hi @Faur_Andrei, it should be done, you should be able to import your PEZ files.

In a few days, I will downgrade your Classic license to a Pro Minus, which will allow the editing, but not the creation or importing of Classic presentations. :slight_smile:

Hello Bart!
Same thing here - I have some old prezis (lectures, even one whole course) I would like to use in Prezi next or at least to use / convert them to next to use them also in future!
Thank you!

Hi @Markus_Langer, do you have these presentations as an exported PEZ file on your computer?

Yes, because I tried already before (a year ago) to find a way to open it!

Hi @Markus_Langer, I have updated your license for a few days, please download the Prezi Classic desktop application and import your PEZ files.

In a few days, I will change your Classic license to Pro Minus, which will allow you to edit your presentations but not the creation of new ones.

Thank you very much, that helps a lot :slight_smile:
Just a suggestion / question: why is it not possible to import / use “classic” prezis in the new one - that would be great and by looking at the various online discussions, there are quite a few people out there who would like that!
But, great that it works that way! Thank you!

Hi @Markus_Langer, currently we do not offer the creation of new Classic presentations for our users who registered after 2017, the introduction of Prezi Next.

This is because at the end of 2020 the support for Flash, the underlying technology for Prezi Classic will not be supported anymore.

Currently, our team is working hard on the development of a feature that allows you to convert your Classic presentations to Next. I understand it would be useful to import PEZ files to Prezi Next as well, I’ll forward your feedback to our team.

Ah Flash, that explains it! And yes, would be great to have such a feature integrating classic Prezis!Thank you for the information and your support :slight_smile:

1 Like