Prezi for Mac - Catalina

When is expected release date for Prezi to deploy to Mac Catalina? I get an error: “Prezi Next” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

Hello @Marcus_van_Vugt, it can only happen after the official release of macOS Catalina, between September and November 2019 :slight_smile:

Hello @Marcus_van_Vugt. I installed Prezi Next today, and still receiving the error. Please fix the problem as I am not able to access my Presentation Notes from my Mac. Thanks, Adam

Hello @Adam_Imre_Hegedus, we are aware of the issue and we will solve it with the next update. Meanwhile, here is a workaround for the issue, I really hope it helps:

• In macOS Catalina or macOS Mojave, a warning window can open up that can prevent the application from launching.

• You can temporarily override your Mac security settings to open Prezi Next Desktop:

1. Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy ,
  2. Under the General tab, Click on Open Anyway to open or install Prezi Next Desktop.

1 Like

Thank you @Kata in advance! Adam

1 Like

I’ve downloaded the Prezi Next app on my Mac. When I try to open it, I receive the following error message:

“Prezi Next” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.
This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information.
Safari downloaded this file today at 3:51 PM from prezi.com .

Hi @MarcD, I merged your post to the relevant thread. Please see my answer from earlier, and let me know if you need any further assistance!

Yep, that worked. Thanks @Kata!

1 Like

Good evening,

I would like to ask, when will I be able to run my prezi deskop on my macbook with
macOS Catalina ? System tells me, that I have to update the app. I have re-installed the app (downloaded from prezi’s official site yesterday).

Let me know.
Thanks.

Hello @Artur_Kyczlop, I’ve merged your post into the relevant thread. Can you please try the workaround mentioned above to see if it helps you access the app?

I’ve installed the Next app but get

“Prezi Next” can’t be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software.

My MacBook Pro is running Catalina 10.15

Model Name: MacBook Pro
Model Identifier: MacBookPro13,1
Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 2
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 4 MB
Hyper-Threading Technology: Enabled
Memory: 16 GB

Any ideas?

Hi @Keith_Warburton, I merged your post to the relevant thread. Could you please try this workaround? We’re aware of the issue and will solve it with the next update.

Hey Prezi comunity,

I am a Mac user and have lot of portable Prezis in Version 1.0. Am I right that they will no longer run under macOS Catalina and 64-bit support?
And would the portable prezis in 1.1.1 (309) run in Catalina? Any experiences?

Thank You!
Phillip

Hello @Phillip_Fischer, your portable presentations will still run in Catalina, could you let us know if you are able to open them?

If not, please, follow this workaround and try to open them once again :slight_smile:

Hope to hear from you soon!