Prezi needs foreign language symbol options for text boxes.

I need to use Prezi with the Albanian alphabet, but the only way I can do this is to type whatever words/subtitles I need in Microsoft Publisher, save as a picture, and then import as an image in Prezi.  It works, but it is an extra step I’d rather not take.  Please, Prezi, add a menu of foreign language symbols to your text box options.

Hi Xhuli,

I am sorry, at the moment we do not support Albanian alphabet and thanks for the feedback.
One other suggestion I could give for now if you are using a doc, is to export as a pdf, and import this PDF to prezi, maybe that option is easier. 

Again, thanks for the suggestion.
Kind regards,
Nicole

Hi Nicole,

Yes, I’ve been using the pdf method for awhile now, and it works.  However, it doesn’t look very professional, as the result looks pixilated.  It is also a rather inefficient way to work.

Actually, Prezi does not need to support every language under the sun.  It just needs to offer a drop down menu of language symbols as one of the text box options, like Microsoft Word/Publisher does.  Many languages use a mostly Latin-based alphabet, and the array of symbols which differ from the English alphabet overlap from one language to another.  For example, the Albanian alphabet uses most of the same letters as English and has only two symbols not found in English: ç and ë.  A number of other languages also use those same two symbols.  It would be very easy for Prezi to support quite a number of languages if there were a menu of such symbols available for text boxes.  

I really like using Prezi, and I hope that a menu of language symbols will be added to text box options.  This would make Prezi more effective and efficient for users world-wide.  

Kind regards,
Xhuli

Hi Xhuli,

I would suggest you to open a google doc, and copy paste from there to your prezi. I just tested and it works, for those two letters ç and ë work in prezi, 

Best,
Nicole

Yes, I know how to do that.  However, for anyone reading this comment who wants to try it, you can only do this if you copy from Google translate and then “paste” into your Prezi without first opening a text box.  If you open a text box and then try to paste from Google translate, it won’t work.  And if you want to paste two different symbols, you’ll need to select a word from Google translate that has both symbols in it and paste the whole word, deleting the unneeded letters.  It does not work to try to paste one symbol and then different one in the same text box. 

But the question is, WHY is it so hard for Prezi to add a simple menu of symbols like any word processing program would have? 

Hi Xhuli, 

I understand your frustration but as I previously said we are working to improve and this why we listen to our users, but at this moment we cannot promise anything. We have lot of different features and currently Prezi is based on Flash Player.

Best,
Nicole